Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler or warrior

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler or warrior

After 187.625 inches J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 09:43 PM
ox
Pro Rider

One thing that I was glad to get rid of on the Warrior was the manuall clutch! For dooing the kind of riding that the warrior is made for, the man clutch is just the ticket, but for long trial rides where washouts and down logs and such are the norm, I get very tired of the man clutch. Miss 1st gear and chugg it out in second as you pull away from a washout or whatnot. Done it too many times. I would pass on it for a 4X4 crossover machine. The auto clutch is MUCH more freindly for most applications.

Personally I couldn't care less which is fastest. I have no idea why everyone is so centered on that point? When I was rideing one day with 4 others, I had the fastest machine in the bunch. (according to what you always hear anyhow - Warrior v/s a bunch of utes) We had to catch the road for a few miles as the trail into town the rest of the way (on ski-doo trail) was all swamp. I was the last into town. I just don't like to hammer on my equipment that way. I will wing it when climbing or something when necessary, but for the fact of going fast? I think not. I sold my Trans Am long ago. LOL!

Old 06-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

First of all is that the scrambler is way faster than the warrior is and will ever be. Even if you modded the **** out of the warrior, added the same to the scrambler, you still couldn't compete with the scrambler. I've run my scrammy against a warrior with all types of mods, all i can say that it was embarassing, embarassing for the guy with the warrior. I left him from the start and all he could taste were the rocks kicked up from my holeshots.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And you can wheelie the scrammy anywhere. I've ridden my neighbors 500 plenty of times and his will beat the warrior as well. Plus giving your size you would probably be better on a scrambler, the warrior just seems too small and underpowered to me.

Old 06-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Range Rover

hello

i have a question for big bad scrambler . what bend renthal handlebars did you put on your scrambler , and how do they differ from the stock ones .... thanks

Old 06-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I've got the banshee bend. They are noticeably different. They are a little shorter in length and heigth. This makes for quicker steering response and gives you a lot more aggressive feel which allows you to push even harder. Plus the Aluminum gives more and helps to reduce some of the fatigue. I would reccommend them to anyone. About $65 through Rocky MT ATV. The silver ones come with a blue pad, but I bought the black one because it looks better. Also, everything should transfer right on the the renthals, ie handguards and such.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

Can you give me more info on the wolverine it looks like it would be pretty fun too.

Old 06-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

well it has 8.7 intchs of ground clearnce its full time 4 wheel drive its got racks. it costs $5199(US). it comes in black and blue, it weight is 477 pounds it can tow 730 pounds it has 23" tires in the front and back it 5 speed auto clutch.it has 7.1" of Suspension travel in the front and back.for more info go to www.yamaha-motor.com/

Old 06-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

anyone else have anything about the wolverine does it handle good?

Old 06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Wolverine has the Warrior motor but it has an aux oil cooler is all. Should be quite dependable. We looked at them a cpl yrs ago, and my chumm ended up buying a Pol.

Old 06-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Just for the record, a Scrambler is not that much faster than a Warrior. I have a Warrior and have plenty of seat time on a Scrambler. We went riding last weekend and went to a dirt drag strip. The Warrior was 1 1/2 quad lengths behind the Scrambler. My brother has more experience than me with the clutch (yes, I admit it), and when he rode my Warrior we were only 1 length apart. Both quads are completely stock. They run exactly the same on top speed as well. If the Scrambler didn't weigh well over 500 pounds, I'm sure it would stomp a Warrior though.

Quick Reply: Scrambler or warrior