Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler or warrior

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler or warrior

We actually went riding today at a place that was virtually all mud. We accidentally got on a dirt bike trail and the Scrambler was nowhere in sight. He was having to plow down trees to get through the places where mine fit with ease. We also did some drag races and the Warrior was only half a quad length behind even when we switched riders. The clutch did get rather irritating after a while, but that happens on all manual clutched ATVs. Once I get some better tires (stock now) it will do a lot better in the mud. Warrior's aren't as bad as everyone says they are. They don't excel at any particular thing, but they also aren't bad at any particular thing. But when you think about it, these two quads aren't even in the same class.

Old 06-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Handles like a wet turd frozen to a rock????? Maybe it is just me but i just found that really funny.LOL

Old 06-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

no, it's not just you.

Where is all this width coming from? I had a Scrambler and I don't recall it being exceptionally wide. I wouldn't have thought it could be any wider than a Warrior. You, know, a little width can be a good thing, it adds stability. If you want something in the Warrior class without the width, maybe you want to consider a Scrambler 90. I know it isn't 4 wheel drive or real fast, but the narrow track and shorter wheelbase more than make up for it on the tight trails. And the weight advantage, forget about it! If you get stuck in the mud all you have to do is pick it up and carry it out! I'm sure by now there are performance pipes and clutch kits available for the 90, and if you are afraid it looks a little too childish, well, just take the orange flag off and no one will be able to tell it from a 500, as long as you don't park right next to one.

Old 06-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe the trails are just tighter here. I don't know.

Old 06-22-2003, 11:35 AM
ox
Pro Rider

If you need a narrow machine to ride dirt bike trails, you might want to look into getting.......a dirt bike! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

that's what I was thinking, too.

Old 06-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

hey FXCdog have you looked at a Yamaha Wolverine 350cc 4x4 sporty as fast as the warrior just a thought

Old 06-22-2003, 09:01 PM
Range Rover

scrambler is exactly what you need

Old 06-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

no i will look at the wolverine now

Old 06-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The wolverine has nothing on the scrambler. First of all it is a 350cc air'oil cooled machine. Which is has NOTHING on the 400 or 500cc liquid cooled scramblers. It is also shaft drive with a solid axel which is not as sporty as the scramblers swing arm and chain drive. Also the scrambler has a lot better suspension. The wolverine is an auto clutch manual tranny compared to the scramblers fully auto tranny. Personally, if I had to shift, I would like a clutch to dump. The wolverine is also full time 4wd with a limited slip in the front compared to part time TRUE 4wd on the scrambler. That means it would be really hard to powerslide the wolverine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] As well as you can't do burnouts or donuts. The scrambler is a hell of a lot better machine than the wolverine. There are actually a lot of discussions on the wolverine VS the scrambler found here

Quick Reply: Scrambler or warrior