Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Custom designed Pred radiator scoops

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom designed Pred radiator scoops

Today my wife and I drove the ATVs around the yard a bit and wow does the Predator get hot! I was wearing shorts and I think I was getting more heat from the radiator then I was from the exhaust!

How hard would it be to make custom Scoops for the Pred like the NewYamaha 450 has. I like the way they were sculpted to fit the bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

*Shivers* They would probaly look sweet in Carbon Fiber on my Troy Lee Pred too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Maybe Fullbore or someone will come out with new side panels that close up the gap around the tank and extend down to the radiator and out as radiator scoops. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What I can dream can't I?

Just curious.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

What posesed you to ride around with nothing but air for leg protection. Next time you ride, don't be afraid to put some pants on. The picture I have in my mind is Helmet, goggles, gloves, jersey, chest protector, boots and skivies.

I need to go poke my minds eye out now, so please do me a favor and go put some pants on will ya.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Ben don't worry I was putting behind my wife on her SP335 and didn't leave first gear . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I could go the same speed or faster on my mountain bike and would have got a better workout. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hmm maybe now that my shoulder is healed I'll do that instead for those slow putting days. Might even get the bennifit of getting in shape!

I have ACERBIS Imact gear, Net Evolution Deflector, Boots (Thor) , Goggles, and my new helmet should be coming in the next couple of weeks (Waiting on the new Switchback from Polaris) for when I finally get to go riding.

The Predator is not a machine to screw with and I have already been bitten by it once. Not something I want to have happen again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I appreciate and understand your concern?

Have a great day!

Old 06-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

Just having some fun!

Hope you heal quick and can get back on the gas soon.

Best Wishes.

Old 06-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I'm all healed up, I just won't ride it out of the yard till I get all new gear. All I have left it the Helmet coming out in two weeks!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Whooohooo!!!

Old 06-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Prm and rath racing make some nice scoops, but if you don't ride very fast often, it's not gonna help, especially if you ride in lots of trees, which WI has a lot of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Try switching coolant to Engine Ice or redline water wetter, and I think there is another one too. Helps the engine run 25-50 degrees cooler, but you will have to switch back to regular 50/50 mix once winter comes, cause I know the Engine Ice resists low temps of -26, but somewhere around Oct. or Nov., switch it back.

Old 06-25-2003, 01:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You could also use duel inline aluminum engine coolers. One on each radiator hose. They are suppose to drop the temp by 8-12 degrees each. This is what I am talking about I have seen them for a cheaper price though