Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HSP Products for the Predator

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSP Products for the Predator

Well, I can't say I didn't learn something today. I did a search and I found a great article on airboxes and resonance. For anyone interested in what is going on with an airbox read this Good Article. It still seems to me that cutting the holes in the box would completely alter the tuning of the box, and not just let in more air with otherwise the same resonance patterns as stock. On a side note, I have heard 8 hp thrown around alot with respect to the airforce kit. I have checked the curve gary had posted multiple times, and the largest difference was from 11.9 hp to 18 hp. That's only 6.1 hp difference...where is this 8 hp number coming from?

Old 06-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

2MIN, this set up has been tested several times on the dyno, the most Gary got @ Superbike was 8HP, Dirt wheels magazine said there Dyno showed 10 hp gain. Torque is more of what the test were looking for though. and those numbers were equal to or exceeded HP numbers for a given RPM. The number's posted were from some of the first dyno pulls after the second plate was added. More precise jetting after that will probly account for the small increase in the latest pulls. Then different dyno's read different numbers. It is hard to judge products by dyno results when your talking about 2 and 3 hp differences. The only thing That Gary looks for is before and after curves (not peak numbers) for a mod.

Old 06-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys this is jeremy at hot seat we have not had the acctual predator high flow intake on the dyno or the wheel dyno but the stalker doesn't lie i'd guess maybe 5hp in the bottom and mid but 8 is unheard of, it does accelerate alot harder than the stock intake system our newest thing we've been working on is a ignition system so that the thing turns some real rpm's we arre working with dynatek the box will have 8 X the as much spark, adjustable rev limits, 4 selected timing curves(we can program special curves) shift kill sensor, tach output, teather input, launch limiter adjustable, and you can move entir timing curve instead of just points in the curve, pricing will be around 420.00 retail, our big bore should be going out the door soon, they are 600cc you can get them with a high comp. piston if you want or you can get them with a pump gas set-up also both work really well no dyno numbers on that either but it does work, same with the FCR 41mm kehin carb the carb is the same one that most guys use ontheir 426's it seems to work really well, we have a pipe just getting finished up to just the tail section though. NERF BARS WILL BE DONE THIS NEXT WEEK THEY LOOK TRICK .
check out all of our products at www.hotseatperformance.com
thanx jeremy
hotseat

Old 06-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Jeremy, keep us updated! And see if you can get some dyno runs with the intake and with the new rev boxes. Also interested to hear how the big bore kits do...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Don't forget the ti suspension springs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thanks man.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

8 HP is pretty impressive, hats off to Gary and the Superbike shop for that one.

Old 06-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

hurry up with the 600cc kit

Old 06-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Like a fine wine, the proper tuning to make the Predator scream takes time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Like the sands through an hourglass, so are the days of our lives....um, er, I guess someone already used that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

you been watching soaps again modquad?

Old 06-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

No, but actually my cousing used to be on that one. Wierd turning on the TV, and seeing the relatives. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: HSP Products for the Predator