Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2000, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did any one ever have a polaris factory chain snap

Old 05-14-2000, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

funny you should ask that I just got my 500 Scrambler back it was gone for a day for warranty work on the chain and sprocket.
I was out about 25 miles from my house up on a mountian and my chain snapped but after I got off and examined the situation my front sprocket was in 3 pieces I looked at it and noticed that the casting on the sprocket was faulty so I think the sprocket broke first then binded my chain and snapped it.
I will tell you one thing though that little piece of plastic in front of my sprocket saved my case from being cracked that little piece of high impact plastic is a life saver.
Anyways took it in the dealer replaced my front sprocket and chain and the little plastic piece plus he changed the back sprocket too because he is a nice guy.
P.S I drove the whole way back home 25 miles with the front wheels just flipped the switch and away I went although sterring was a little hard but the trusty polaris got me home.

Old 05-14-2000, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer
Old 05-14-2000, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

ya i was in a ramping contest and on my first jump i landed it and my chain snaped but hey guess what i won thats all that madders huh but its costed me 75$ lol..........

Old 05-14-2000, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'd check the chain tension. I see more people break Polaris chains because of the chain being too tight than anything. I broke one myself because of this. People are fooled into thinking the concentric drive means you can run it as tight as you want without problems. This isn't the case.

They have a 1 year warrenty on the chains & sprockets I think. I forgot about it, and bought a cheap chain. Bad idea! It broke, even though the tension was right and I kept it clean and oiled, and put a hole in the case. I fixed it, and then bought a DID O-Ring X-Ring Gold 520 chain. It was expensive, but it's been great and should last a long time.

My Scrambler sees everything from mud so thick you can't get your boot out of it, to tracks, to fender deep water. Sometimes after a ride my chain and sprockets are solid mud, you can't even distinguish the links. I use Maxima Chain Wax, and after I wash the chian, it looks brand new again.

I reccamend buying a good chain like the DID, and using somthing like Maxima Chain Wax if you want a long-lasting reliable chain.

Old 05-14-2000, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

hey quad man what kind of holeshots do u have the xcts or the xcs tell u the truth i like the xcs looks but beter then the xcts but there both fine

Old 05-14-2000, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Ya'll dont let Quad_man yank ya'll around like that... I've NEVER seen him ride any mud..... I don't think he even OWNS a Polaris... he probably just writes this stuff down from a school friends' stories.!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... Sorry Adam.. its kinda slow and NOBODY has picked a good fight in here lately....

Old 05-14-2000, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

In case anyone wants to know, concentric drive chains should be tighten so that they have 1/8 to 3/16 on an inch deflection. This is from the users manual, and my dealers grease monkeys mouth.

Old 05-14-2000, 10:57 PM
jad
Range Rover

quadman, did you replace your chaincase or repair it? My friend snapped his chain last weekend and it gashed the chaincase. He's hopeing the dealer will replace it if not he is going to rig it and trade it.

Old 05-14-2000, 10:58 PM
jad
Range Rover

quadman, did you replace your chaincase or repair it? My friend snapped his chain last weekend and it gashed the chaincase. He's hopeing the dealer will replace it if not he is going to rig it and trade it.

Quick Reply: polaris factory chains