Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler chain and sprockets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler chain and sprockets?

I think That I need a new chain and sprockets. How much life do you guys usually get out of one? How do I know for sure that it is bad? If I do need a new one, I am thinking of going with a DID X-ring chain. What size do I need? 520x??? What size and brand sprockets shoul I get?

Old 07-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

anyone????

Old 07-01-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Sidewinder Sprockets, something called a Survivor Series...that's about all I know and that's only from seeing them in a magazine...no experience with new chains...

Good luck.

I do know it should be a 520 chain...at least that's what's on my scrammy....520 o-ring.

Old 07-01-2003, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

I have an 01 and my chain has gone twice. I just got mine back from the dealer today. They had to replace the front sproket and the chain. I lost one of the rollers on the chain which just destroyed my sproket. Just keep a good eye on the wear and tear of your chain.

Old 07-01-2003, 03:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I am probably just going to replace it. I plan on getting the DID X-ring chain fro Rocky MT. I just don't know how many links I need. I am also going to get the Unek chain scrubber from them. The problem is the sprockets. I would order them from Dennis Kirk (Rocky Mt doesn't have any for mine) but I need 13/36. Dennis Kirk doesn't have and 36t rear sprockets. I would get the sidewinder sprockets but they are $50 for the plain steel one!!! Anyone else know of a good inexpensive long lasting tough sprocket, available in 36t rear? OR should i get a 34T OR 38 T REAR? Won't that mess up the 4x4? Will I ned a different link chain?

Old 07-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

DID x-ring chain, sunstar sprockets. Your local dealer should be able to order them. I have tried several different sprockets and chains out, and the x-ring with sunstar hold up the best by far. Sidewinder is crap in my opinion.....from experirence.

Waylan

Old 07-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Range Rover

I use the polaris sprockets they seem to hold up as well or better than an aftermarket rear sprocket i tryed once , and they have the size you are looking for. I don"t like the pol. chains though they seem to loose the rollers ,I am on my third polaris chain and it is was missing 3 rollers when i checked it the other day , so i think i am going to a D.I.D x ring myself.

Old 07-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

I would stick with the same size on the rear, I have tried different sizes, but didn't like it. Here is a 36T OEM sprocket for 29.00 at ParkerYamaha Sprocket.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Seeing as how I cant seem to find any 36t rear sprockets for my scrammy, I guess that I will just have to get the Polaris OEM sprockets. Do you think those will hold up good? I am going to get the DID chain. I just need to know how many links I need. Does that include the masterlink?

Old 07-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Will a 36t rear Sunstar sprocket from another machine fit mine?

Quick Reply: Scrambler chain and sprockets?