Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Yammi 450 and C'dale

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yammi 450 and C'dale

That along with some carbon fiber gear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Can't wait to get the Predator on a quality set of scales.

Old 07-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Modquad where to you ride in BRF in Jackson or Clark Co. I'm guessing Jackson by the Whoops comment. Gotta love it.

Old 07-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yup, Jackson. I normally start right in BRF, but yesterday, I went down to Millston and mainly rode the second half of that loop. Had to come back for some of those deadly woops though....wow, what a work out.

Old 07-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

I normally stay at East Arbutus Campground and ride to BRF or veer off and go to the campground in Pray. Have you been to the big sand pit just before you get to the city of Pray it's a blast to play around in.

Old 07-07-2003, 02:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Nope, but I'm gonna find that puppy on a map. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know if you'll find it on the map unless you have a better one than I do. If you can't find it on the map let me know I can set up my camper and get my map out it has a lot of notes in it. But if your headed from BRF and you take the branch to the right to head to the city of Pray it is on your left right before you get to the campground. A friend told me about it and I doubted him and figured it was private land but last month when we went up there there it was. It's not very large but they groom it with a few bowls,jumps, and kind of a track around the perimeter it's well worth a stop in there if your in the area I think we spent probable 3 hours in there just goofing around and there were only a few other guys in there because it's kind of out of the way but well worth it.

Old 07-08-2003, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Hay MODQUAD, you were wall the way over by Black River Falls and didn't tell me you was a comin over? How shameful. That is if you are talking about the same Black River Falls I'm thinking of, a little north of La Crosse????

Old 07-08-2003, 03:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Modquad- I have ridden the new 450 a few times. I do think it is heavier than the listed weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] but it is a great quad. We had a brand new one with 5 minutes on it at the june races. It killed at the piped/jetted quads that it lined up with and did a number on a hi-comp 440 kawi with fcr carb, cams, port and exhaust that had been outrunning the piped/jetted crowd. It is one sweet quad. I believe that it is going to be the best hi-po quad you can by off the dealer floor this year. I do not think it will have the build potential of a big bore raptor or DS it will hold its own. I have the itch to buy one. It is the quad cannondale should have built. Only thing laking is aluminum frame, but you can never get what you want 100 percent perfect. I have yet to see a built predator around here. A few piped ones is all, i would like to soon. The piped ones around here run neck and neck with piped rappy's. The better rider usually wins. I would like to have a 450 for a back up to my raptor (s) but the wife said that 1 must go to add a new one. I had been loking to build a predator.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Runner, I'm gonna have to find that pit....thanks for the directions, sounds fun.

Sorry ProX, I was just finishing up some loose ends on the coolant additive, and product tests. Wouldn't you know, I just get there, and a guy approached me about his warm running Predator. Barely finished helping him with that, and got on the trail...found a dad and his two kids broke down on the trail. Stopped to see if everything was O.K.. He asked if I happened to have a spare drive belt....back to the parking lot to weigh between giving him a brand new stocker, or a used kevlar....he got the kevlar. Saw him in the lot later...guess it saved the weekend, kinda cool helping out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

No problem MOD. You have any info on the trails in that area? Web Site? I haven't been there, I do most of my rideing in the Dunbar/Goodman are in Northern Wisconsin. Been working on my brothers 400ex that's been in my garage since this past winter. A friend of his rolled it on a lake and bent up the bars, steering stem and messed up the plastic. Took this long to get enough money out of the guy to get the steering stem!

Quick Reply: Yammi 450 and C'dale