Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Frame

My new frame for my predator came in yesterday. Its exactly the same as the old one, so I'm going to go through and gusset every thing possible on the new one and give it a coat of shiny red Dupont paint and then take it back to my dealer so they can switch everything over. Polaris Tech guy said as of right now they aren't going to be making any changes in the frame design. He said the few that have broke have been quads that were being used in competition. Also said that if I break this one I'm SOL!!

Old 07-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default New Frame

Gusset it up to withstand your use, and blast away. Why not powder coat the frame a custom color? Tell them to watch those 4 bolts on the fuel tank cross-brace, heat things up to soften the red loctite before you try to loosen them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Frame

Modquad,

I thought about having it powdercoated, but seeing how I'm a collision repair tech.(aka..bodyman) I can paint it myself for FREE. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am going to use IMRON on it, that stuffs is hard as rock after its baked and has a really nice shine. So its the next best thing to powdercoating. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Frame

G'day Joe.

Mate please excuse my ignorance, but what is SOL.

Geoff.

Old 07-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Frame

Geoff,

Check your PM! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Range Rover
Default New Frame

ya, what is SOL?

Old 07-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Frame

Crap ouhta luck...

Trending Topics

Old 07-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Default New Frame

ahhh. thx. lol

Old 07-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Frame

Thanks Mate.

If that is there attitude, it's pretty lousy.

It maybe very easy and convenient for them to have that attitude, but if you keep on breaking frames while using the bike for its intended use that it was designed for, they have a legal and moral obligation to replace them.

I'd be very confident of what your lawyer would say.

And I'm sure they dont want the U.S.A Consumer Product Safety Commission knocking on there door again, especially after what it cost them last time.

But Joe if you do alter the frame in any way, you will be probably be S.O.L [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good luck, Geoff.

Old 07-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Frame

The first Rep that Ok'd the replacement of my frame was really cool about it and then when my dealer called back with a couple of questions that I had...like was there any changes made to the replacement frame and if not what would happen if I reinforced it and it still broke again in the same spot?

The second rep looked at the pictures of my quad and basically made it sound like they were doing me a big favor by replacing the first one. He brought up the point that in the owners manuel it says something about if used for competition races it VOIDS ALL WARRENTIES. He ended with we're not going to warrenty another frame whether he reinforces it or not because he is racing this quad.

I'm grateful that their taking care of the first one, cause they could have been like you race it so its your problem. Like another company did with a certain tranny problem.

I would also like to thank my dealer..Harvest Depot...cause they've went out of their way to get things taken care of for me. Anybody in Northern Indiana and Ohio if your looking for a really good Polaris dealer check them out their located in Berne IN.

Quick Reply: New Frame