Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Extra lights on Trailblazer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra lights on Trailblazer?

Has anyone added extra lighting to a trailblazer 250? I thought about mounting 1 KC driving light (55 watt) and wiring it in to the stock light, will the charging system and battery keep up with it? Any other brand of light or wiring suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Scott

Old 07-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

I've wondered about this also, my wife has a Kawa Prairie, it has lights on it now but i wish they were brighter, I wanted to add some additional lights to it but wasnt sure if the current battery and alternator could handle it... just get some off the shelf driving lights and mount them to the frame for riding at night.

Old 07-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

Bump.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

ive wanted to do that to mine. it had a front rack and it blocked the light at night. ive taken the rack off, but it is the mrs, and she thinks it looks good with it on (women!). after the busted chin and broken ribs, it aint goin back on. but still would like a little more light. doesnt seem to light up the woods enough at night. wondering about additional wiring and switching. what kind of drain will it put on battery?

Old 07-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

As long as you don't exceed the wattage of your alternator.....or you get a bigger one I don't think there would be much of a problem....I think BigBadScrambler has changed his lights on his scrammy.....maybe he'll stop by and shed some light.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

OK. Im here. Yes, as Rock said I changed the stock lights on my scrammy. I went down to Meijers ( our local "superstore") and bought some Pilot Navigator Cyber White simulated H.I.D> driving lights. They were around $40 for the pair. They are 55wt(or maybe 60wt) bulbs with a blue tinted glass lense. I wired them to the existing headlight wiring, with the help of some forum membes They kick out way more light than the stock ones, even when I put different bulbs in the stockers. Plus they look WAY better. Not to mention practicly bolted right on, with a few EASY modifications. If anyone needs more info I can go more in depth of how I made them work. If you do any night or dusk riding, I would suggest you do this upgrade. Here is a link to the picture of my Headlight mod

Old 07-28-2003, 12:28 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

99RAMR4X, where are thinking about mounting yours? i am considering the handle bars, kinda point the light where im headed.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Big Bad Scrambler, I can get the lights at wally world (wal-mart), all I gotta do now is figure out the wiring. I take it you'r a dodge man too.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

I was thinkin about mounting them right above the front plastic mud guard, theres a crossmember just below the oil injector tank.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I take it you'r a dodge man too.
How'd you know that? I LOVE Dodge. My dad raised me on Mopars and Harleys![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The funny thing is, I bought a Checy, he bought a chevy, and he bought my mom a...um...er Ford [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I want to get a Ram soooooo bad but any extra money I get I spend on my bike or quad. I hate that!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

The TB250 has a 150wt alternator. So, I think that you may be able to get away with 55wt light. But I don't know how much current the quad draw the rest of the time. My scrammy has a 250 wt alternator and I run the 55's with no problem. Then again, I replaced the stock lights with them too. Are you planning on using just these lights or your stock light with these. The wiring was a fairly hookup. I wired them into the wiring for the stock lights. I no longer have a high/low beam, just a on/off. The high and low are both the "on" cuz I soldered the high and low beam wires together, and ground just got connected to the existing ground. I just soldered some connectors on so that I could take them off if I want to. If you need more help just holler. I am not entirely familliar with the TB's headlight wiring but I will help with what I can

Quick Reply: Extra lights on Trailblazer?