Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator or KFX 700

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator or KFX 700

Which one do you guys think is the best?

Old 07-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

To be totally honest, I haven't heard the best things about the 700....not to say it's bad but that it's not what it should have been. I've read that it is a big time gas guzzler with too small a tank and the handling left a little to be desired....

I guess it boils down to your riding style and experience.....the pred is more geared toward fast trail riding and the like (with a clutch mind you) and the 700 is more of an open spaces type ride...automatic tranny makes things easier....and it has reverse.

If it were me and those were my only choices.......Predator all the way!

Old 07-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The 700 is way heavier and will not handle any where close to the predator. I have driven both. The 700 is very quick for a automatic but like a scrambler it is heavy and bulky. I cant ever see this being an mx quad or a good jumper. But when you need power it is allways there. The first time I drove the predator I was a little scared and took a little bit to get used to but once I felt comfortable it was the ride of my life. It jumps with ease and handles really well. I am used to the automatic so if it came down to another automatic it would be a 700. But for a manual the predator.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if you boop over to the kawi forum alot of the people who have bought them love them. I myself have never been on the predator so I can not give an honest opinion about them... but as you can tell by my sig...we have a couple of polaris myself and I love them. I have ridden the 700 b4 and it is awsome. gobbs of torque handling is pretty good but a set of elkas would make it alot better. it has a low center of gravity...but with the elkas will lower it even more! it is good for woods racing because you can concentrate more on racing then on which gear you should be in. mid and high range lack but that is because it had to be retarded so much. one a cdi comes out it will help it out alot. best is hard to define...it all depends on what you consider the best. you have to try each of them out to sya which is better

Old 07-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

The predator is faster and hanndles better but my tranny lost third gear and i dont speed shift and i always use the cluch so i dont know what could of went wrong there.

Old 07-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Ask puttnut or ge4x4.
They sold there preds after they got the v-force

Geoff.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

as far as being faster that is not going to be true for long...once a good cdi comes out such as the one alltoys is working on., nothing will be bale to catch it. I guess alltoys is hoping to get the thing moving at about 100mph. so nothin should be able to catch it.

Trending Topics

Old 07-31-2003, 01:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't know about that. I know on the bomb forum the guys that race in the desert say that with the right gearing and a pipe and jets the DS can do over 100mph

Old 07-31-2003, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider

I raced a KFX up the hill this past weekend. We were neck in neck except for I beat him a couple times cuz I got a jump at the start. The only thing it had was pipes that I can visually see. I think that thing was pretty damn fast for being as heavy as it is and as ugly as it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was quite surprised. I've only got a couple performance mods but I was surprised. I give the KFX its props.

Old 07-31-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

It really boils down to auto vs manual, that's the big diff. Speed just depends on the mods you have. I've been really impressed with my 700 in the sand. I didn't think it would keep up, but I was wrong. After I bught my slip on, I can keep up (and beat) my friends piped rappy. Who would of guessed a 500lb auto could do that? Not me. But I spend 95% of the time just playing, not racing. For hill racing, 2 strokes are made for that. For track racing, the 450 seems to be the ticket. For just hanging out, having fun, I like the V twin. Nice sound too. I did race a pred up sand mountain last week. Hopefully they do better piped. His was stock, and really didn't keep up. Plus, my wife likes the 700. She wants an oarange one lol. It's good to spend time with the one you love [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe we'll get another.

Quick Reply: Predator or KFX 700