Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Oil Injection Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Injection Removal

I removed my oil injection and was wondering what to fill the crankcase with. I know alot of people have done this and I did it because I just put alot of money in the motor. Anything you know, please post.

Old 08-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Go here rcr

Scroll down near the bottom to "accessories" and you'll see the oil injections block off kit. 16 bucks

Old 08-01-2003, 08:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Just to cover all the bases here, you aren't suggesting pouring oil into your motor somewhere, are you? Sorry if you already know this, but I'd rather post it than have you melt something down. Once the oil injection is removed on a 2-stroke, you need to pre-mix the oil into the gas. A good ratio is 40:1. A real handy piece of equipment to get (and cheap too) is a Ratio Rite mixing/measuring cup. Most shops carry them. Once again, sorry if that isn't what you meant....just don't want you having to spend money on a rebuild. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Modquad, I think you took that post a little differently than what he was trying to ask, but I guess to cover all the possibilities it is good that you posted that. Anyway, the hole in the cases that you need to fill now with the injection removed... I got mine at Hot Seat Performance, cheap, easy to install, and very effective.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am going to premix a 32:1 since it is brand new, and the question I was asking was do you have to put any type of oil (10w30) in the crankcase now? I don't think you do but I was just wondering. I am going to make the block off plate, and order a new cable. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hehe, I guess Modquad was right then.. Sorry Ken. NO do not put any oil in the crankcase. Read what Modquad posted and go by that. Just have to mix oil with the gas, block off the oil hole in the intake and the case, probably re-jet because it will run a little leaner, and you are good to go.

Old 08-01-2003, 12:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

LMAO, NC, that's too funny. I really didn't know, so I thought...hmm, just in case. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] This is the place to stop for help Hardcore.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea thanks for the help, I just wasn't sure because most dirt bikes run oil in the crankcase. Anyways maybe you can tell me where to get some Sylvania 12 SOL bulbs. These are the bulbs for reverse, neutral, etc. Hey NC, I go up to brown mountain to ride sometimes, you ever there?

Old 08-01-2003, 03:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go Ken boy!!! It's your birthday!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I go to Brown Mountain and ride alot. Have been twice in the last two weeks. Let me know next time you go and I can let you know when I go, maybe meet up.

Quick Reply: Oil Injection Removal