Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Best Jet Kit/ Air Box mod for Predator

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Jet Kit/ Air Box mod for Predator

You can use any of the aftermarket filter's with this set up. If I was not going to use the Airforce, I would go with Hotseat. You need to keep the pipe that goes from the carb to the Airbox. The clamp on filter is ok for drag racing, but has less torque at part throttle.

Old 08-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

With a stock pipe I would use a 165 main jet.

Old 08-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Aw shucks, look who climbed out from under his/her rock. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Check out that Umi unit like Ruckus was suggesting. Hot Seat does suggest leaving the lower airbox in place for a splash shield. The use of a water resistant Outerware works wonders also. With either of the two, you are sure to be running that air through a quality filtration system.

Old 08-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, I figured you would have something to say. Glad you could take the time out from running all over the forums tooting your own horn. You know letting everyone in on all these little secrets, that some of us new about several months ago. Just keep making your Predator pretty, cause by reading your post i see you still have not found out how to make any power.What's the quote "ALL SHOW AND NO GO"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Wonder who Polaris used to R&D the 440 motor these past few months. Probly the same place the top brass used to build them a big bore Pred.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ah grasshopper. Guess you're not too familiar with my work. Take a gander at my Sport and what "I" did to it (yes, I turn my own wrenches [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ) And I don't think anyone out there believes for a minute that it's all show. Keep blowing smoke pal, you already tried to steer people to someone who doesn't financially stand behing their products.....did we forget about the money back guarentee that wasn't?

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, your still living in the past, wake up, it's 2003. The world is full of fast 2-strokes. You claim to have all these connections, you think you could put some hp in your Pred. Instead of all this backyard homeboy engineering your doing. I am sure the young people are into LED tail lights, and i will not even comment on that tach setup[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] So if that's doing your own wrenching I will pass.

By the way, I noticed HPD spring kit included shims. Do I need to bring up your post on that subject to refresh your memory. Once again you run off at the mouth with no idea about what your talking about. I guess you better stick to the picture's and let HPD work on the engine's. They seem to following a fimilar path to there build up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I really wish you too would give it up! They should have a seperate forum for you two..."Modquad vs SP700RACER" im sure there would be enough posted to last us forever! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Im not sure why your ragging on Ken's Tach and pred, i mean hes offereing somthing to the public that they wanted. How long after the pred came out did people start saying, "we want a tach" and what did he do, he made us one..and a nice one at that! People where concerned with the pred and running warm..what did he do..he came out with air scoopes. hes recommended the inline coolers, which he doesnt make, he speaks about companys like Rath, and HPD or HSP...So far all i've seen Ken do is try to help us Pred owners. When the first shops started making pipes and big bore kits, he simply stated, dont jump too quickly..theres more coming. now look at everything out there. he didnt really have anything bad to say about superbike shop until you two started bickering! Maybe everyone doesnt want the airforce kit, or the w/b pipe, or the 580 kit gary offers..ken just told people to wait and see what else is coming before you start going nuts with one shop. Sure SBS was the first to come out..doesnt mean they're the best..doesnt mean anyone else is better..but i like having a choice where i want to spend my money.

Now both of ya kiss and make up! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

I have the HMF pipe, and it was pretty easy to get dialed in. I had a couple of questions at first(new to tuning) and Daryl helped me out right away. My set up seems to work really good all around. Last week at a ATV Jam they ran drag races, and I was able to outrun everything in the 400-500 class.

Ryan

Old 08-11-2003, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

I had the Airforce kit and my brother got the HotSeat Performance Hi Flow kit. When dialed in he would pull away from me easily. That kit really breathes well. I then also went to the Hi flo kit recently because it also filters better than the Airforce kit. We both are running a 210 main jet because it breathes so well and 55 to 57.5 pilot jet. We also are at 3000' elevation. The kit rocks. Anybody want an Airforce Kit?

Quick Reply: Best Jet Kit/ Air Box mod for Predator