Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Blackout???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackout???

Did any of you experience that blackout today??? They are calling it the worst blackout in American history. I was at Cedar Point in Ohio and everything went dead at about 4:15 pm. It was CRAZY. There were people STOPPED at the VERY TOP of the Millenium Force and Magnum. They were also stuck on the other coasters too. It was NUTS!!! We came home tonight cuz we have power here and they weren't expecting power to come on for a while down there. But I will tell you what, Top Thrill Dragster is INSANE!!!! I want my quad to do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Blackout???

My 11 tear old son and I rode front seat on top thrill. What a rush. I live about 2 hours south of Sandusky. We didn't have any power probs. I heard Akron, which is an hour north of me, had probs but power was back on by 11 pm. Was top thrill broke down much today? I hope they get it running better. I saw several cars come down backwards. They would bring it back to the staging area and launch it again. To many fat chicks in the back I guess. lol

Old 08-15-2003, 01:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Blackout???

Top thrill was running all day. I only waited about 45 min. in line. It is quite a rush. BUT, it doesn't last long enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And yes, there were some females there that were wearing things that really didn't compliment their body figure (to put it nicely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) There were others that wore (or didn't wear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) things that REALLY looked "nice"

Old 08-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Blackout???

Yep no power.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Had to play board games.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Blackout???

with any luck, my blackout will occure about 11pm tonight, or after too many drinks. whichever comes first[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Blackout???

Bigbad scrambler i was also at cedar point! Strange coincidence would have been cool to meet you and talked about 4wheelers. O well, was still fun.

Old 08-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blackout???

i live in nj, i had no power till about 11:30, me and my buddie decided to go around my neigborhood on the new blaster and scrambler, no cops were around cause theye were directing traffic, so we had some free time in the trails and streets in my neigborhood.

Old 08-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Blackout???

no power till about 11:30 so i had some fun on the streets no cops all directing traffic.

Old 08-16-2003, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Blackout???

No power until 6:10 this morning. Our water is finally looking clear, but we are still under a boil alert. Man, you will never be able to see that many stars over Cleveland again! I was enjoying it while it lasted. It was like the 4th of July over here...so many people were blowing off fireworks and beer was selling just as fast as water and ice. Crazy.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:42 AM
NYC
Pro Rider
Default Blackout???

It SUCKED SO BAD!!!!

I was @ Times Square, @ work & Flick Flick. Lights were gone...
So I had to 1st walk down 36 flights of stairs, Suked!
Then tried to find my wife @ port Authority, Which wasn't happening, There was over a 1000 people in the streets there, since they kicked everyone out the building, No busses!! So I was Stuck In NYC, & needed to get to PA, Let me tell you how fun that was! Well to make a long story short, I got home @ 1AM, so we were stuck for like 9hrs! It was to Hectic, & these idiots @ time Square & port Authority, Had No-Clue On what to do!
**You would think after 9/11 there would of been some kind of order down there... It was mayham**

Quick Reply: Blackout???