Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Wheelie Bar?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Wheelie Bar?!?!?!

I have a 2001 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer. I try to ride wheelies like my friend on his raptor 80.. but when my trail blazer goes back too far I fall off the bike.. When my friend wheelies on his raptor and his back bar touches the ground he just puts his other foot out and walks the bike along with the back bar scraping on the ground. when i try to do this it seems like there isnt enough room and i fall off the bike. Its not a problem with balance.. its more a problem with the bar. Has anyone experienced this problem and customized their atv in any way to fix this? PLEASE REPLY or email me at shane_man@msn.com thanks

Old 08-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Well are you sittin or kneeling when do it?

Old 08-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I put one foot on the back bar and my other foot on the seat in knee position

Old 08-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

WEll dawg when i wheelie like that i havent ever had that problem and i still have the stock grab bar(althought beat up) so not sure.

Old 08-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Just thought maybe one of the things you could do is get one of those six pack bars cause they kinda stand out a ways and wont let it come back as far.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:47 PM
GM
Trailblazer

Try www.prm-atv.com. They have a grab bar there i am interested. It is the desert grab bar i belive. They have a coupld options you can go w/and they bolt right on. Hope this helps.
garret~

Old 08-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Mine was okay with the stock bar. As soon as you feel like you are going over nail the rear brakes (or in a Polaris case "the brakes"). Even if it goes back and hits the bar it should come back down with the brakes.

Good luck with that.

-Josh

Old 08-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hey josh just wanted to say hey....You have obviously spent a serious amount of time practicing and all and loved the pics man looks good . good luck

Old 08-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont think everyone understands what im trying to say here. The problem is that with the polaris the bike doesnt have enough power stock to pop a wheelie without standing on the back bar with one foot in take off position and giving it enough weight to pop up. It doesnt have a clutch either so its not easy for me to pop up. In order for me to wheelie i have to have one foot on the back bar and on foot standing on the back of the seat then i hit the bike full throttle and pull the front up by pushing my weight down on the back. once i get the bike up it usually goes back too far because of the weight but the problem is when the back bar hits the ground I dont have enough room to hold on and i fall off.. the bike keeps going for about 10 feet standing straight up then i have to go catch it and push it back down. All my friend has to do on his raptor when the bar hits the ground is push with his other foot. thanks everyone for having interest in my question! maybe this will help you better understand

Old 08-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dodgepower
Hey josh just wanted to say hey....You have obviously spent a serious amount of time practicing and all and loved the pics man looks good . good luck
Hey man thanks...means a lot. Glad you liked them.

Originally posted by: juggaloryda420

I dont think everyone understands what im trying to say here. The problem is that with the polaris the bike doesnt have enough power stock to pop a wheelie without standing on the back bar with one foot in take off position and giving it enough weight to pop up. It doesnt have a clutch either so its not easy for me to pop up. In order for me to wheelie i have to have one foot on the back bar and on foot standing on the back of the seat then i hit the bike full throttle and pull the front up by pushing my weight down on the back. once i get the bike up it usually goes back too far because of the weight but the problem is when the back bar hits the ground I dont have enough room to hold on and i fall off.. the bike keeps going for about 10 feet standing straight up then i have to go catch it and push it back down. All my friend has to do on his raptor when the bar hits the ground is push with his other foot. thanks everyone for having interest in my question! maybe this will help you better understand
Well, I see what you are saying but the best advice I can give is just deal with the stock grab bar and keep practicing with your throttle and brake control so you don't have to worry about it. With enough practice you'll never touch the grab bar.

-Josh

Quick Reply: Polaris Wheelie Bar?!?!?!