Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hot Seat/ HPD Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Seat/ HPD Update

Just back from the Hot Seat shop....things are very busy. Sled race motors all over da place. They've been trying to keep up with the demand of the 600 kit. The price is $1,495. Might seem like a few bucks, but for that, you get a brand new engraved cylinder. A unit custom manufactured to withstand performance demands.....not just modding the stocker, and hoping it will last. There's a pump gas (11:1) and a race gas (12.5:1) version. A 20% gain in HP is what they've been gaining. They have cams, CDI boxes, and full exhaust systems. Chromoly swingarms are from -1" to +6" (call for the price). Depending on the length, they save you 3-4 lbs. Chromoly A-Arms are on the way, +1' forward, and +1" wider. You can give them a call at 651-982-0600 for their latest catalogue, it's out NOW!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The elves are still bustin' butts at HPD's shop. The pipes are gonna be nickel finished, with huge flow.....I need a word bigger than huge.....Enormous flow. Products are still being finalized and durability tested. The front bumpers look sweet in person, and the dual rear grab-bar is really user friendly. First time I saw that it wasn't on a quad...kinda thought it looked funny. HPD is the one laughing now, because that piece is very handy for lifting the quad, as well as keeping the rebounding dune whips from smacking your helmet.

Old 08-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

You'd think that both Hotseat and HPD would have some hot shot riders going after the type of success that Rath is having on the Predator. Obviously, Rath will never run anything from either of them.

I wonder why there are no HPD or Hotseat sponsored quads out there.....

I guess money talks. Pride and ***** take a back seat...........

Old 08-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Thats for sure, its not like there havent been offers to both HPD and Hotseat to ride and show off
their stuff and represent them at the race tracks.

Old 08-26-2003, 09:26 PM

i have seen hotseat sponsered snowmobiles but not quads maybe they're more into snowmobiles

Old 08-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

i thought hpd sponsered atv's?ill have to check out their site again but i thought i seen something about it..

Old 08-26-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

HPD used to sponsor a GNCC racer with an HPD race quad and trailer. I think he had a couple of injuries. When he came back, I don't think they sonsored him at all.

They're not doing anything with anyone on the Predator.

You can race a full HPD race quad, if you have around $12,000 for the quad

Old 08-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just back from the State Fair yesterday. The upcoming snowmobile show is now listed as an ATV show as well. Last year, the only aftermarket atv company there was Rox. All they were marketing at the time were some handguards, and stem risers. I've asked other local companies why they don't go to these functions (ATVAM Conventions included) they always say they don't have time. Maybe the rest of us won't have time to register machines, join clubs, loose our riding areas, then stop buying products. Then we'd all have time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Holy tangent Batman.