Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

9-11

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9-11

Old glory has hung on the front of my house everyday since 9-11-01. Some one stole it once and another went up that same day. It looked really good hanging there today. I think of 9-11-01 every time I look at it. The anger and hate that brought this upon us and the sorrow and fear that we felt. It sure makes brand bashing and arguing seem really silly. When the country banded together the way it did I thought things would be different in the USA. But today there is just as much hate and anger as there has ever been. People would rather be mean and nasty to one another then to do or say nice things. It doesn't give me much hope for the future of my children. God bless the USA, God bless the world and God please help us!

Old 09-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default 9-11

I think it is important to reflect n what is important to us all. The flag represents different things to many of us. To the men and women of foreign wars it means somehting special them, to those who wake up everymorning to the sounds of revelry it means something special. To the men and women who joined the military to get an education or for a career, but didn't plan on having a rifle in their hands it may mean something different yet equally special. I think everyone should take the time today to look at the flag and realize what it means to them.
Today, for me being from the NYC area, it reminds me of the friends and family lost and affected by the events of 9/11 as well as the events that followed. I think about my brother who had just joined the Army for a career in Computer/networking and then after boot camp and a school ended up with a rifle instead of a PC. He went to bagdad and did what he had to do and I am proud of him for doing so. I think about how many men and women are in the same situation he is in and what they must be going through.
You may not understand or agree with why the American Service men are in the Middle East doing what they are, but you damn well better support their efforts and welcome them home with open arms and the respect they have all earned. They are risking their lives to protect your right to your opinion.
9-11-01 Don't you dare forget! Positive spin for your theft.Keep the flags waving high. If someone takes your flag don't get mad, the price of the flag is what it cost to spread the American Spirit.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:25 PM
NYC
Pro Rider
Default 9-11

** Great Post, I must say, Thanks Guys **

Old 09-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default 9-11

well said guys