Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

400 scrambler Crappy Frame

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400 scrambler Crappy Frame

I have a 400 scrambler With a full hpd race kit and it i very fast. The problem I have is that every time i go riding The frame brakes Or cracks in Very important spots then I have to weld it .1st was the trany mount under the shock.2nd- was the main beam on the right side(if sitting on) above the swingarm bolt support. than the beam that holds the air intake for the trans top then bottom. and than the most important spot happend rite behind the sturt support on the top left beam.There is also alot of other places that just cracked
THIS WAS NOT MY FIRST FRAME!!!!!!!!
IT WAS THE 2ND FRAME AND IT BROKE IN ABOUT THE SAME SPOTS.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!
MAYBE A STONGER FRAME.
OR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOMEONE TO MAKE ME A TITANIUM frame.
I know hpd make a race frame but I think they only sell it as a whole quad without Tires.
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just love it. Bash the frame and you call yourself the jump man. We people that dont abuse them dont have those problems. Sounds like you need a different bike. Anyone that I have personally heard of with frame breakage was either jumping or MX'ing them. Your gonna have to gusset a good frame and Tig weld it into place. A mig welder is not good to use because the heat spreads too far into the surrounding metal thus weakening it. Your only other option is to buy the expensive 250R based frame and go with it.

Old 09-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Don't know what year you have but I have a 02' with the full treatment of engine mods.I don't do alot of jumping on this bike ,primarily drag racing,and have not had any frame problems.However,I did have a 99'500 scrammy that I did manage to break the swingarm in half.Lots of jumping and fast trail riding.

Old 09-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

I read in another forum that if you use solid skid plates like aluminum or thin gauge steel it makes the frame to rigid and does not allow it to flex. Not sure if this is your problem, but if it is they suggested using rubber gromets or something to mount the skid plates.

Old 09-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba, Frist off I am the Jump man. No one I,ve seen jumps like I do .As a matter of fact, Other then a few pictures, I,ve never seen anyone jump a polaris scrambler and never as highas i do or as trick as I do!!!!!!
I only wish I could put up pictures on this site <but, I can't but, for those dout me I can send pictures>
ALso Keep this in mind--- IF YOU ARE NOT ABUSING IT, YOU AREN"T RIDING IT RIGHT!!!! PUTTING AROUND IS FOR OLD PEOPLE! I'm not tring to start a fight with you (even if it sounds like it) I'm just tring to get some info .
YES I DO RIDE HARD!!! i just want to know who has had the problems I've had. Also who can help In finding a frame that I can use to abuse harder!!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 07:05 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

Hey.....
Sorry to hear that....
But I would like to see how much Air you got on your Scrammy....

My E-mail

Thanx... & good luck

Old 09-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

DAMN RITE IF YOU AINT BREAKIN EM YOU AINT RIDIN RITE!!! thats what i always say. send me the pics at -

lightman02@aol.com

Old 09-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

First off NYC you call that air! I've got higher off bumps on the trail. That goes for you to lightman02.
BUT,its all good fun and you both have cool pictures.
LET me say that I CAN NOT SEND PICTURES OVER THE NET.
I don't have the right set up> BUT< I WILL SEND PICTURE IN THE MAIL TO PROVE TO ALL HOW YOU CAN JUMP A SCRAMY.
LIGHTMAN""" YOU CAN SEE THE ACTION BUY COMING RIDING WITH ME> I live in Bricktown N.J.---That is in ocean county.
I,ve tried to send you email before so you can ride where I do > SO, Please send a reply my eail is WRSR@WEBTV.NET
After you come riding with me at my spot you'll see the tricks and hight I get. Then You will to because you'll be stoked.
This is NO **** I'm not a horse Sh!TTER. YOU'll see
Also for all who don't believe I will try to send picture though one of my work computers when I do I might be on another Name but i'll make sure you all know it's me!!

Old 09-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt, no offense taken. I figured you were probably working that scrammy over pretty good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If you can find a frame to start with while your riding yours, gusset it at all the spots you know of, then give it hell. Also have you lightened the bike up? Removing the start system, battery, and all the other essentials will take weight off and that is easier on the frame. And to add.......... you young kids can jump and ride hard for a lot longer than us older guys. My old trail bike does putt along the trail pretty quick.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

you're not alone,mine has just broken last week,it is only since i have the new comet that it make it suffer bad,it is cracked at tranny mount on the right beam just under the silencer (near the swingarm).
that really sucks,it is the first time ever i broke a frame of scrammy,
meanwhile,if you make jumps it should suffer worse tough in the long rides,but jump or not,it has alot to do with vibrations of the engines/clutchs
cauze of the double hp gains they have with those mods.

Quick Reply: 400 scrambler Crappy Frame