Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Baraboo Wisconsin Drags

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baraboo Wisconsin Drags

There were 3 of us HPD race mods terrorizing some local Banshee owners at the first, and hopefully many more Hooty's ATV Drags. In the staging lane entrance, one Scrambler had already been the first to enter....then an entire crowd of Shee's wouldn't line up, cause they didn't want to run against him. Finally, track officials started randomly pointing and directing people in. One by one they fell. We would've finished 1, 2, and 3, but I pulled one of my patented ultimate sky seeking launches. Once all was said and done, I climbed off....machine still vertical....and did a little dance. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The other two finished 1,2. Had a re-geared Yammi 450, a huge dollar z-400, and some Predators battled in some of the 4-stroke classes. I was really disappointed to see a v-force ( for the second event) still just not getting it done. Someone needs to get with it on those things. Also fun watching a Baja DS getting beat by a Predator with only a WB/ Pure Polaris silencer as it's mod. That was an eye opener for many.

Anyone who has been running Av gas in their race mods, we did a little track shootout. The VP 112 alone makes about 1 or 2 quads lengths of difference. This was proven over many runs, not just one.

Old 10-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I'm glad it wasn't my DS, glad to here that the polaris's made a good showing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Congrats to you guys!
Later!

Old 10-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Wish I was there to see all that!

Old 10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

And just like the Monkey Butt drags....no one got a pic. Then again, down there, the photographers were scramblin' to get out of my way. Guess I can forgive them for that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

modquad how did the polaris 2 strokes fair?

Old 10-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider

They won everything they entered. The other two guys did the cleaning up, I was burning up some year old av gas, and I've been doing too much clutch testing for articles, so mine wasn't spot on. Gonna have to wheelie-bar mine for next year.....especially with what I have planned. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I thought harescrambles were a blast, the dirt/grass drags are the newest addiction.

Old 10-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

modquaq thanks for the info, sounds great. my brother has a scrammy, was pretty fast (before bamm) but the cylinder has been sitting @ AAEN for a week & a half with no reply[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]thanks for the info![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

By any chance did you get to talk to the guy with the predator with the slip on pipe that beat the DS. If it is who I think it is, he won the drags last May up there to in the 500 class and the open class with the predator. Besides the pipe all the guy has done to the predator is have the suspension lowered.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yup, we talked for quite a while after the race. Since this was their first year there, the numbers weren't anything near Monkey Butt, but definitely respectable. A great place, and some great people to spend the day running against.

Hybrid, do you have any info on any other fall drags for this year?

Old 10-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

Cool, thanks for the information. I know the guy raced last May at either Portage or Baraboo he said. It must have been at the Portage fairgrounds.

I am currently looking for information on some upcoming drags too because I have never been to one and would like to attend just to talk to some others with scammy's and see how the polaris's fair.

Quick Reply: Baraboo Wisconsin Drags