Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

wheelies with an automatic trans

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies with an automatic trans

Hi all I am getting a 2000 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 (it has an automatic transmission) and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on getting a wheelie up on it. I dont have the ATV yet, (I will in a couplle of days) but I want to be able to know how to do a wheelie when I get it. I have done wheelies on maunual transes, but thats it. Also, does anyone know what the top speed on this thing might be and anything I could put on this ATV to make it better(faster, mainly). Here is everything I know about this thing right now:
Year 2000
Polaris Brand
2 stroke 250cc engine
No mods as far as I know
Automatic Transmission
Approx. 420 lbs

Please respond I need this info

Old 10-26-2003, 12:19 AM
Range Rover

i have a stock 96 tb 250 and trying to wheelie from a standstill is basically impossible for me, although, i can get it to wheelie if i hold the front brake and get the wheels to spin in the loose dirt and then let off the brake and pull up...i cant ride it far though. if you want the best performance gain for the money, ive heard that rick ritter's RCR stage 1 performance kit really wakes it up. go to http://rittercycle.com/polaris.htm im savin up for one now...cant wait!

Old 10-26-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Hey thanks alot for responding! That really helps alot, and it sounds like it will work. Ill look into that stage 1 kit. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Old 10-26-2003, 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ok man a tb 250 is a great quad my friend just got a 2000 tb 250 he can wheelie by standing on the grab bar, i have a scrambler 500 and we drag raced i won i think it gos like 50-60 mph i am not for sure tho.. as for mods check out hpd thay are good people to deal with there web site is www.hpd-inc.com i would go with a pipe and clutch kit at first it realy wakes up the quad... here is a link to his pics that we took at are last off raod trip there is some close up wheelie pics...http://forums.atvconnection.com/Photos.cfm?ID=2604 his tb is stock...

hope this helps....

Old 10-26-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

OK thanks man. sounds good to me.... Oh and I have anouther question...What is the best kind of power to have to do wheelies....(topend, midrange, lowend) sorry, Im real stupid with ATVs when it comes to technical stuff, but I sure know how to ride...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If anyone else has any comments...PLEASE post it.

Old 10-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

When you say grab bar do you mean the handlebars??? If it is, I dont see how you could get a wheelie up doing that....(once again, I need to remind all of you I am real stupid about these kinda things)

Old 10-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

if you want to wheelie you need lots of low end torque and hp. when i first got my scrammy 500 it was hard to wheelie but now with a pipe and clutch kit i can sit down and wheelie, but since u have a 2 stroke a pipe k&n and clutch kit should get you all the power you need for wheelies and trail riding... also i have heard that hpd trail pipe is a very good all around pipe...

ok man a grab bar is at the back of the quad if you look at the link with the pics you will see what i am talking about...

Old 10-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

What are the advantages to getting a clutch kit and pipe?
What are the advantages to each kind of "power" (topend, midrange, lowend)?

Old 10-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Along with that........How did u get that thing up on 2 wheels(same side wheels)?

Old 10-26-2003, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ok a clutch kit will get you up to your top speed faster and a pipe will give you more hp by geting more spent gases out of the engine..

low end power is the power you need for wheelies hills
mid range power is when you are in between your low end and top end your all around power
top end power is when your at full throttle

2 wheelies is all about balence you turn and move your weight to the out side of the turn stay on the gas and keep it balenced

Quick Reply: wheelies with an automatic trans