Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which clutch Kit/ & Exhaust should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 02:13 PM
NYC
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which clutch Kit to get/ & Exhaust?

Well I'm going to be in the process of Modding my Baby!
Just wanted to see which clutch kit do you Scrambler owners like best?
& which is overall the Best.

Also wanted to know what Exhuast would work Best for Me?
I don't want it to be Ultra Loud!! I'm not trying to wakr the dead, if you know what I mean..

Also anything else I should do? Any recomendations is Great!!

When I do get the Kit & the pipe, I'll also have the K& N filter.
So if there's anything I'm missing please let me know...
Thanks for the Help Guys!!

Old 11-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which clutch Kit/ & Exhaust should I get?

I'd like to know about clutches as well....I'm not into drag racing, mostly trails, hills and mud

As for a pipe NYC.....There are several brands out there that are made just for Polaris and others that are general ATV pipe makers....which is better----I'm not sure, but no pipe is going to do a great deal for you other than open the power up a little (noticeable but not eye-popping).

As for sound....I'd stick with a pipe that has a disk system (white bros, supertrapp, and I think HPD).... with those you can adjust both the sound levels and the power ends....on mine, with 1 or 2 disks it's probably quieter than stock....with all 12 disks it's a lot louder than stock but not obscenely.

Another thing if you go with disks is to keep them clean....mud can get up in the spaces and clog it up some....

Some people believe that you should have a matched clutch and pipe...I'm not one of those but I can see the logic behind the theory...

I looked around for a long time and then bought an IDS2 system from the local dealer's bargain bin (thanks to dodgepower for talking me into it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] ) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

God dang Rook we are gonna be on our death beds and your still gonna blame me arent ya? Remember I went and had a cigarette. Hey NYC if you are gonna get a clutch kit and silencer you are gonna need a jet kit also with that K&N. Did you buy a power pack with that filter or just the filter. I had my shop do the carb stuff and after further investigation I dont think they changed the main jet but did the needle jet as far as I can tell so if gonna do it do it all at once best way of doing it. Just my hoo hah but mine is slow anyways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You know who has my vote[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If you can go for it, I would aslo suggest an HPD air box/carb mod. It will eliminate the need for a K&N power kit, plus its good for about 2 horses and better throttle response. There is a good thread about this. Did you get the Outerwears with the K&N?

Old 11-05-2003, 04:15 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

Kool...
Well I didn't pick up the Filter 'Yet'
I plan on having this done during Winter, Early Spring for Next year...
I want to start Buying what I need this Winter, & if I can get it all done, it would be lovley...lol

Also would it be good to get a whole Kit, or buy piece by piece?
Examples:
Hot Seat

Ritter

Thanx Fellas!!

Old 11-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Another thing to keep in mind....be sure to get a pipe with a spark arrestor or at least buy one to go with your pipe....

Old 11-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you do the math on for example the Hot Seat vs HPD stuff. The Hot Seat is $550. The HPD pipe($305) and clutch kit ($155) is$460, plus $45 for a K&N and Outerwears (from Rocky MT). That is $45 less than the Hot Seat stuff. Rook makes a good point. The HPD exhaust has no spark arrestor. That has not been an issue for me, even though I did get pulled over by the DNR. They never checked for a sparka rrestor, just for a trail sticker. But that may be of concern in your area

Old 11-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Range Rover

I just installed an aggressive clutch kit and power maxx pipe on mine Sat. What little I've ridden sense Sat. I love it. The only other mod I'm installing is the Airbox mod. Thanks to Bigbad and a few other people. Hey Bigbad your costing me money dude!!!!

Old 11-05-2003, 05:41 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

Hey BBS,
Is the the Air Box & Carburetor Mod Kit...

Air/Carb Mod kit

(500 Air Box & Carburetor Mod Kit
Throttle response and horsepower is what you get from this kit. More snap out of the corner, with a 2 horsepower gain. Increased air flow and carburetor recalibration deliver powerful results. All parts and jets supplied. Drilling, cutting and riveting required)
98-02 Scrambler
PART # ABCK5S • LIST $109.95

Old 11-05-2003, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

HPD all the way i love my clutch kit and pipe.. The front end comes right up, and it sounds good and it looks good with the chrome pipe!!!!! If you got the money go for it they are nice people to deal with I really like my FREE Gifts they gave me with my order, HAT Shirt and SHOCK COVERS

Yeah man thats the air box mod thats my next mod!! If you do any jumping the hpd chain tensioner its worth it and it saves the chain and trans and gets rid of that dumb chain gard!!!

Quick Reply: Which clutch Kit/ & Exhaust should I get?