Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

400 Out of Production

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400 Out of Production

It's not quite as easy as "send it back to you".... There is alot to cusatoms and overseas shipping for peope not in the business of doing it...

Old 11-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

You can blame the EPA for the demise of the 2 cycle engine.

Even the new weed-eaters in Kalifornia are 4 cycles - due to emissions...

Old 11-14-2003, 10:48 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Farmer 123

How are the pheasants this year?

Old 11-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Do not blame Polaris. They are a business that has to make $$$$. It is simple....the two stroke machines are not selling well enough to be profitable(which is not the case) or the damned LIBERALS have caused so much red tape that it is not worth producing two stroke machines.

Remember this when it is time to vote!

Vote Republican!

Join the NRA and every other liberal hating organization out there!!
Vote Republican? What does that have to do with two strokes being produced? Oh yeah it was that party the started EPA rules in California and the US not the other "liberal" partiesin the late 60's early 70's.
But hey like I said what does that have to do with two stroke production, because the rules are not in effect right now. I believe it was the 2005 or 2006 model years that were going to be effected. Please dont turn this into a political debate as we talk quads here not politics.
The ending of a model run for a manufacturer is a big deal whether it is a quad or a car. In this instance I think the reason being is to boost predator sales in the market and to prepare everyone for the eventual four stroke replacements.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Weedy: the pheasants are still kind of scarce around here. Lots of coyotes this spring, I think they got their nests.

Farmr

Old 11-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Just like everything else is comes down to $$$$ why sell a less expensive Xplorer when there's a more expensive sportsman, a less expensive trailblazer vs. a more expensive preditor. By offering fewer models Polaris keeps manufacturing costs down, at the same time they have a better profit margin on the more expensive machines just as auto manufacturers do on SUV's.

it's NOT political, it's good business......

Old 11-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

Its just crappy Polaris ways, reusing the same designs year after year with no signficant changes, their quads way a ton and they do nothing about it. Its called profiting off your customers and being lazy and not giving anyhting back. EFI Sportsman?? Who cars, it will most likely have problems like all the other new models they have put out because Polaris so needs to make a quicl buck they don't test anything, just releas it. I'm thinking of seeling my Scrambler , tired of waiting for Polaris to get thier act together. Besides how are they saving money when they release the TB 400 for one year and then get rid of it???

Old 11-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

It's not just Polaris. Check the other manufacturers and see how many 2 strokes they offer and how many 4 strokes. With so many enviromental groups out there, and each one wanting to sue the manufacturers, you can see where a lot of their profits would go. Hope there are still some TB 400's left at the dealer when my wife gives me my "allowance"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 05:30 AM
Trailblazer

I got real lucky and got the last 400 Trailblazer at our dealership. It's sad that they only ran them for one year. It is a fantastic bike. The two stroke machines have a lot to offer and can be made fast with so little money. I agree with Weedy on the liberals and the red tape. I also agree that two strokes are not as "Clean" as four strokes, but cutting down on the 2 stroke ATVs and motorcycles is a tiny drop in the bucket. If Polaris was simply looking to make a profit I can't see how they could cut the 400 2 stroke. I have let a few people ride my TB and all of them have agreed that it is a great bike with tons of potential. It is sad to see them go.

Bill

Old 11-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

lightman02, I thought you got a Z400?

Quick Reply: 400 Out of Production