Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pred or Scrammy??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pred or Scrammy??

I currently have a scrambler 400 and realized today that all the aftermarket stuff I want to buy for it is what the predator is. If you think about it you buy all this engine stuff and suspensions parts to make it handle like the predator, sure you cant replace the 400 two-stroke, but I dont wanna make 80 hp. This made me decide that after winter is over im getting me a pred come spring...in the long run its gonna be cheaper right? Some one help me whos owned or ridden both, which is the better machine for high-speed trailriding, field bashing, and play racing? I only need 4wd for snow. I hope that helps

Any input would be great

thanks guys

Old 11-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well i traded my 2x4 scrammy for a pred... same situation as you... i wanted to go fast with a quad that could handle well and have alot of power... i had 4 buddies with quads.. 3 shees and a 300 ex... i wanted to keep up with the shes so i got my pred.... now they try to keep up with me.

Old 11-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

yeah its a hard decesion. my buddie was going through the same situation, he got the 03 500 4x4 scrammy cause we did trails, after i sold my 250 tb i got the z400 thinkin it was not going to do as good as the trailblazer or the scrambler, well it did, infact it does better. now he wishes he got the predator real bad ( he is selling his scrammy) , reverse isnt really a big deal as you would think it is. and you will have alot more fun on a clutch bike, you can do wheelies and lots of other cool things, i will never go back to an auto ever again + they put a new trans in for 2004 models so you wont have the old crappy one. from reading your post the predator sounds perfect for you, and im sure it does good in the snow. do yourself a favor and get a pred you wont regret it. hope this helps, good luck.

--------------------
2003 z400

Old 11-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you need to get yourself a Predator. I own both, a Predator and a 400 Scrambler 4x4. I plan to sell the 400 and get a 500 Scrambler for the wife and I plow snow with it in the winter, but I'm very happy I got the Predator. Reverse is way over-rated. I have reverse on the Scrambler - so it gets used to back up while plowing and that's about it!

Old 11-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

The only time I wish I had a sportsman or a 4x4 Scambler is when I come to deep slimmy mud or Deep water.

I hated having to turn around last summer but I didn't think the Pred could handle 3+ ft of standing water. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm willing to bet my wife's ATV could have made it though. Kind of wish I would have tried but you couldn't see the end of it and I was not going to have any thing go wrong and have to swim back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you have been to Park Falls WI, trail 121 should ring a bell.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

If you have been to Park Falls WI, trail 121 should ring a bell.
TLDPredator~

On my desk, I got a picture of me riding my DS650 through the water on trail 121!!! The water was a little "low" the day I went through because the water was only a couple inches above the top of my 23" front tires. If it was a straight shot through the water, you could probably hit it about 70 mph and skim across the top. Of course you might lose all that speed after the first 1/4 mile of water!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

there are some nasty trails up here too.. never been to em but heard about em.. 1.5 miles of standing water in a trail.. not too deep.. most of the way.. it has its big holes in it tho.. not something id want to try.

Old 11-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Have you ever thought about the kfx700.
I'm riding a Trailblazer 250 now and will be getting me a kfx700 or a scrambler 500 soon.
My wife gets the Trailblazer. I'm getting the kids either a Pred 90 most likely. I just cant decide
which one for myself. I started late in life riding, so auto is the way for me. Do you think the scrammy is fast enough. I'm not one to mod anything.

Old 11-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

I got a HPD race modded 400 scramy and a Predator witha slip on Pure Polaris Pipe> and all I can say is Get the Predator!!!!! It will take alot of Money,and work to even make it close to the pred> DON"T GET ME WRONG THE SCRAMY IS FASTER OFF THE LINE BUT, YOU CAN HOLD THE PRED OPEN LONGER > Also it would take less work to make the pred faster I Feel.
OVER all the Pred is a better ATV.
IT JUMPS BETTER
IT TURNS Way better
ITS lighter.
It is less to ride because it dosen't brake as much.
GO GET A PREDATOR

Old 11-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen to Matt, I think he has pushed the scrammy to it's limits more than once[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Pred or Scrammy??