Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Paddles For Scrambler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paddles For Scrambler?

What paddles are you guys running on your scrambler 500 4x4? Also do you leave it in 4 wheel drive with paddles on the rear only? or will this screw things up? I usually run it in 4 wheel drive with the stock tires in the sand, it seems to do better than 2 wheel drive.

Old 11-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

I run in the sand a lot. I tried 20" sand devils, but was not happy with them . Way to much torque and not enough wheel spin for the little tires. Once I got them turning they were ok. In a line up when I hit the throttle I just burried those things. I used 4x4 on and off. It shouildn't really hurt anything, you will just be lock in 4x4. all the time with smaller tires. There are a couple of companies that offer 22" tires, which should make the 4x4 act normal and match the Scrambler 500 much better. I had some ITP sand stars on back order for about 4 monthes and finally just canceled my order last week. They have not made them to this date. The sand here in the winter is real wet so I won't need paddles again til spring, so maybe they'll have them by then. I run ITP mud lites normally so the tire size should match my ratio when I do get them.

Old 11-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I'm running 22" Kenda Dune Runners on my V right now but I'm thinking about buying some Haulers and using the Kenda's on my Scrambler. You don't think the 22's are to much for the 500? That would be great if I could use them for the Polaris [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

To be honest, I think they will run great with them. Since you already own them It won't cost you much to try it out. Pick up a cheap set of used rims and take the stock tires with you. If you don't like how it works out swap tires and keep riding. Let me know what you think, I was looking at the Kendas as well. I wanted the V paddle of the sand stars as well as the price.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

The Kenda's work pretty good on my KFX, but I know I could use more tire so I'm saving my pennies for some 24" Extreme Haulers. I'll try the Dune Runners on the Scrambler and let you know how they work, Thanks for the help.

Old 11-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

I would have to agree with jammer. The haulers just flat out HAUL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Launch good, excellent traction and unbeatable floatation. I weighed my brother-in-laws sand shark tires and his tire weighs more than my tire and aluminum together. Super light weight.

Old 11-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

If you are only drag racing Haulers are the way to go. If you plan on playing in the sand and trail riding in sand I would pick the Extreme V-paddle. They give great hookup and super control for turns and trails especially side hilling.

Old 11-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Are you talking about Skat-trac? I knew that they made extreme haulers but didn't know that they made the edge in extreme. That would be cool.

Old 11-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry, I meant Edge for trail and playing in the sand. Extreme Haulers for drags.

Old 11-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

What bolt patterns are interchangeable with Polaris rear wheels ( if any )? So I can look for some used rims that will fit.

Quick Reply: Paddles For Scrambler?