Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I hate a damn thief!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate a damn thief!

Sorry Bubba, that's just not right. IT's pretty sad how sorry people can be.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Range Rover

And the guy is probably reading this thread right now.....

Old 11-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry To Hear About That Bubba. THIEFS SUCK!

Old 11-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Ya know what else bothers me is when people brag about how they bought something that was soooo cheap and they knew that they were buying something that was stolen. I always turn the tables and say how would you like it if your (whatever) was stolen? That always makes people view buying stolen property a little differently.

Old 11-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

At my local riding area about 6 months ago a guy came up to me and said I have a 02 Raptor he said I will sell it to you for $400," It just needs a frame and engine case" "vin# are on the frame and engine case" I told him I did not want anther quad.. He would not stop trying to sell this quad to me, so I finally told him to go F*ck off, he walk away all pissed off... I have had things stolen before and I knew this quad was hot so I am not going to let him pass his stuff out to me... People that buy stolen stuff and know it when they buy it are just as wrong as the person that stole it...

In my area Quads and parts est., being stolen is a big problem in fact at the dealer near my house was broken into 2 time last year and 4 quads were stolen from their used quad yard...

Sorry to hear about that Bubba...

Old 11-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

If you all haven't done it yet, you should get insurance on your quads. I recently bought comprehensive and liability insurance for my Sportsman 500 and Prairie 700. Here in California, rates are probably higher than anywhere, yet insuring both through Progressive cost me $271 for a year. Maybe this is a lot for some, but it's serious piece of mind, especially since I'm still making payments in these things.

Most of us go riding where others are riding as well. If you see someone reaching into someone else's pickup, or anything else that doesn't look right, call them on it. Or get their license plate and a description. Too often, people just don't want to get involved. A police officer can't be everywhere at once, but we can be our bother's keeper.

And to TLDPredator, understand that as a police officer, I rarely ever catch someone in the act of stealing something, or breaking into a house. But I can't tell you how many times a simple traffic stop has evolved into a felony arrest for possession of stolen property.

Old 11-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I stole them Bubba[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No im kiddin and this is truely a shame cause most of us that ride are honest hard workin folk that enjoy the riding and the company of others that ride and if we cant trust ya then cant enjoy it.

Old 11-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry to hear that; that crap makes me sick. I feel your pain though...when i was 14 i raised enough money stacking logs and cutting grass for my neighbors to buy an almost new polaris 250 trailboss, and 2 weeks after i bought it the thing was stolen. Talk about crushing a kid's enthusiasm to work for stuff! I think i'm finally over the situation now 9 years later...i'm 23 and just bought a 2001 scrambler to replace my other stolen quad.

-Ron-

Old 11-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: WileyCoyote
If you all haven't done it yet, you should get insurance on your quads. I recently bought comprehensive and liability insurance for my Sportsman 500 and Prairie 700. Here in California, rates are probably higher than anywhere, yet insuring both through Progressive cost me $271 for a year. Maybe this is a lot for some, but it's serious piece of mind, especially since I'm still making payments in these things.

I agree totally WileyCoyote, I've also got Progressive Insurance, for just about the same price. But the piece of mind it brings in knowing that if the bike gets stolen, or even if I screw up and roll it down the hill a couple dozen times and do major damage, it's nice to know that for the low $100 deductible everything will be replaced and fixed. That's a heck of a deal in my mind when i'm shelling out $5500 of very hard earned money!! I just had a friend roll his bike down a hill a couple times and did around $1500 in damage to the bike, he has no insurance, and pretty much is going to have to tear the bike apart and sell off the pieces that are good. How many people have an extra $1500 laying around that they can spend on repairing a bike?? And it kills him to think that for a total of around $300 out of pocket for insurance and deductible he could of had his bike completely restored or replaced! Get insurance!!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2003, 02:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bubba, I also feel for you, and agree with Quadfather. Just five weeks ago I had my old '85 250sx stolen right from under my nose (while I slept). The RCMP found it two weeks later. It had some minor damage but nothing major. There was a silver lining though, I bought a new 600SP thinking I would never see the ol' bike again! Keep the faith, the police just may find it. I do agree that insurance is a good idea, really expensive here though, between 800-1000cdn a year.

Quick Reply: I hate a damn thief!