Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Bashing!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Bashing!!!!!!

Well I should have kept it home. I went riding today and it was a BAD one. First everyone was late no big deal. About a half an hour into the ride my pred took a ride down a hill without me on it. It cartwheeled about 6-7 times and bounced up into the air about 3 it was kinda sick watching it tumble down the hill. It destroyed the front plastic and lights, cracked the rear plastic, bent the frame at the steering stem, and bent the steering stem. Luckily I bailed before it started to tumble so I was not hurt. Later on in the day my friends Raptor blew something out the top of the valve cover and locked up the motor not sure what that was yet it is still under warranty so he will let Yamaha deal with that. Then when leaving another friend lost the nut for the ball of his trailer and about lost the trailer luckily we discovered this before we got onto the highway. It just keeps going while unloading my friends quad I got pinched between his and mine and could not move an inch until someone finally moved my quad so that I could get free. There is more!!!! Then while jockeying vehicles around after the quads were put up my friend backed his truck into his other vehicle. Like I said the only good thing is nobody got hurt but man what a lousy day!!! If I can straighten the frame it looks like about 600.00 worth of damage. It could be worse.

Old 12-15-2003, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

You sure were not related? Sounds like a normal day for me.lol

Old 12-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

wow that real rough.. sorry to hear it.. that is one of my worst fears of riding.. watching my quad start a rollin!... did you have insurance?
hopefully you can get her going again soon and keep on a riding.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Have you guys maybe cut back on the Starbucks and Mountain Dew? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

About the only thing tat would be different here is that we would have to deal with the cops chasing us.
Just kidding !!! I never have a day of riding that bad but, I have had my days. I feel for you man!!!!

Old 12-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have stock headlights for sale if you need them when you get around to rebuilding, let me know

Old 12-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright so I am new to this forum, so hello everyone. And 'blamethedog' I sort of know how you feel with your pred. I myself have rolled my pred 3 times, and each time it scares me. I have only gotten hurt once, so that is good right? I had to replace the front plastic, and a few minor adjustments. But your story, ooo man it sounded bad. I lie awake at night of the nightmares like what you went thru. And by the way, you guys have the prob with the noisy chain. WELL BOMBER HAS THE SOLUTION!!! Just lubricate the chain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 12-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Range Rover

Hey Bomber welcome...and yes the stockers tend to take a dump early. The little circle like clips start falling off and clunk clunk clunk goes the chain. Buy a good aftermarket one now...it just goes downhill from there, itll start tearing up sprockets and just get louder, atleast thats what happend to me. I also lubricated regurally with spectro synthetic lubrication oil.