Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I feel Sorry

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2000, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, Its Friday morning, im sitting here, working, but silenty waiting in anticipation for the weekend to come. Im 29, I have ridden since I was 4, Starting on a kawasaki 75, unable to come within even a foot from the ground my father, held the bike and pushed me off for my trip aroiund the field in first gear. This weekend is worse, as anyone who knows the few days before the new bike, the jitters sit in, the eagerness, you cant concentrat on much but the purchase your about to make. I will Be purchasing Either a new KTM 400exc, or 300exc, my wife, selling her warrior will be purchasing an xr250, or a kdx200.
I will be keeping my Polaris.
I feel sorry for those, who havent experienced these feelings, the feeling that you just cant wait to get out in the woods again, the feeling of depression when you put your bike away on a sunday night, ready for the work week, or the greatness of an extended weekend allowing a few extra days.I wonder, Do any of you, when Driving, search out the landscape, and casually think to your self, " that would make a good hill climb, that would be a nice trail head," Ha, or even better yet, upon seeing someone else riding, say to yourself" Lucky guy(or gal)" I constantly Search the landscape, for what my Mind calls the perfect hill, the perfect trail, or depending on the mood, even a muddy swamp. I am Lucky, Some of you know what I mean, instead Of my Wife Fighting my time in the woods, she has always supported me, and embraced the sport herself., Something I take pride in.
Another feeling I hope everyone gets to experience some day, is the feeling of seeing your child test the water on their new quad/bike. My son, now 8. just recieved a new xr 80 last week, graduating up from the fourtrax 70. Its a pride think I suppose, Watching your child embrace the activity you feel so close too. My 4 year old, now the Sole owner of the fourtrax 70, rides it with much enthusiasm and vigor. not a minute goes by, that hes not on the bike, that hes not Begging to Ride, sometimes even Crying if hes not able. I feel like this, my Attitude, my Demeanor changes, and at 29, with my grown up responsabilities, I know I cant Ride like my teen years, But I sometimes Sit iin Solitude, sulking at some unforseen obstacle that pops up to keep me from Riding. Riding, anything with Wheels, has never been with me," i have the fastest bike, the best model, etc" Its always been Riding, sometimes resorting to a trip out the trail on the riding mower when bike or quad was broke down.
Possibly, many of you have felt the same feelings, perhaps you havent. If you havent though, Chances are you will..And I feel sorry for those who dont experience these ups and downs..
Happy trails

96 xplorer 300
96 warrior
88 fourtrax 70
00 xr 80

Old 06-23-2000, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

I hear you, I am going back tomorrow to ride the trails I rode as a teenager on my 1984 Yamaha 225DX or my 1987 Warrior. I am really excited to ride the trails I did 13 years ago or more.

Old 06-23-2000, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

Congratulations, those trails will Be great im sure!

Old 06-23-2000, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

On sunday I am going up to my camp. I will be ATV'ing for 6 days... This past week I could not bring myself to work at all. The only thing I do is go out to the garage and tinker around my quads. My gut tells me to leave today for my vacation...but the wife and the job say otherwise...

I can honestly say...besides s*x of coarse...that my ATV'ing brings me the most pleasure I have had in all my life! It's a feeling only true ATV'ers can know...like alot of you here in the forums.

Old 06-23-2000, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Couldn't have said it better... I sit in class (college) and take myself away from Trigonometery and Physics and start thinking of the previous weekends' exciting parts.... the next mods to make to each bike, the next way to cheat "swamp out" at the local riding spots,... Recall the nemerous quads I have to push/pull out of holes that I easily go thru...
Recalling favorite memories like watching my girlfriend on her Scrambler 500 show up a guy my age on a Honda 400 4x4 in the mud...
We are gonna get to do something new this weekend... An ATV Parade thru the streets of Longview Texas. As you would suspect... the "jitters" have already started.... I wait IMPATIENTLY for tomorrow morning.!!!!

Old 06-23-2000, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

I have found a cure for wanting to be around offroad toys . OPEN A SHOP ! I cannot wait for Sunday to roll around .

*grinning*
Rick Ritter

Old 06-23-2000, 11:22 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Hey Mudmachine,

How does a college boy afford that many toys? I was as poor as a church mouse when I went to school in Huntsville (SHSU).

Old 06-24-2000, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Ron70,
I thought I was reading my own thoughts. You should send that to Readers Digest!
Rick, PLEASE don't close shop!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2000, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Ron,

What a post, gave me goose bumps just reading it. You are absolutely correct, it does not matter what you ride as long as you have fun.

Andrew,

Thanks for guiding me to this post. It was well worth reading. Nice to read something that is how I feel and there is no fighting and arguing in the posts.

Ride hard, ride fun, but ride safe

Chuck
'00 400ex
'99 426ex
'99 Banshee

Old 06-24-2000, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for posting this. It makes me realize that I should spend my time slower on my machine and take the time to have as much fun as I can while I'm still 15.

Quick Reply: I feel Sorry