Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A Legal Waiver for others to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Legal Waiver for others to ride?

I agree with northstar2. Never, never, never allow anyone to ride your ATV. Just like someone already said, even if the injured person or their legal guardian does not sue, their insurance company will. Count on it!

Also, guest riders are usually inexperienced and end up breaking something. They almost never offer to replace of repair your quad.

Old 12-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

If you simply can't grasp the concept of where your responsibility lies, then there is nothing more I can say. I don't want to pursue the conversation any further as it usually degenerates to name calling and insults, and I don't like to go there. Best of luck to you.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Every adult of sound mind is responsible for THEMSELVES. Every parent is responsible for THEIR OWN minor children. Period. End of discussion. I agree 100% with those that are saying a lack of individual responsibility is the cause of our litigious society. Unfortunately, that's not the way it is and nothing we write on this forum is going to change it. Therefore, you can also add me to the group that, if sued, would have no choice but to get them back 10x worse without using the legal system. I don't f**k with other peoples lives, God help anyone who f**ks with mine!

Old 12-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

95 sport ,

Surely you don't suggest bodily harm or threats do you ? That will get you in jail . Now we are REALLY in trouble .

Old 12-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

well, some subjects push people's buttons. It happened to me. My advice is just don't. sorry about yer luck, and i know how turning a kid away feels. But you may be saving their life, even if ya had a geekleash hooked up.
that's too high a price for a smile. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

plus remember laws vary by state... a whole lot!!!!

Old 12-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

I allow all of my kids friends to ride.... after they passed a safety test and their parents observe and OK it.

My safety test includes a 30 min safety video, a written/verbal test, and a practical feild test (obstacle and command). After passing the test I make up ATV licences on the computer, complete with photo ID, retrictions, and emergency contact #'s. If you dont have your licence - you dont ride. I had 1 boy who didnt pass all summer, his 2 sisters did, so did everyone else who took the test. He just wanted to ride and wouldnt pay attention to the safety rules. His mom had approached me thinking it wasnt fair her son was the only one in the neighborhood who couldnt ride. So, I gave him the test again when she was there. Now she thanks me for not letting him ride yet.

Like Peak Powersports says "Keep them in the dirt and off the streets".

Old 04-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

People don't sue people necesssarily,,, it is blood sucking insurance companies that won't pay a simple claim that causes the issues in the first place. Case in point. My wife has company A insuring her, my mother in law also uses company A. we are both covered to teh tip of our noses with insurance. Wife and mother in law have accident, clearly my wifes fault, MIL tries to get her policy to cover medical costs. They tell ehr it should go against my wifes policy.. they refuse to pay.. force mother in law to sue daughter's insurance to recover costs. (Same company sueing itself now) Company A hires both outside lawyers, gains large settlement, lawyers both get good fees for their time, and Company A shakes their other hand and declares themselves both winners... talk about screwed up insurance companies. A $150 hospital bill cost Company A over $10,000 in lawyer fees and settlement costs. And we wonder why our rates keep going up.

Old 04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

This post is like 5 months old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: watzupdog
This post is like 5 months old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Your point is?

Geoff.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

My point is that the post is like 5 months old. Duh

Quick Reply: A Legal Waiver for others to ride?