Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

listen up guyz i want to replace my ds to Pred or DVX 400 need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default listen up guyz i want to replace my ds to Pred or DVX 400 need some help!

Hey sport riders!
i have my ds for over a year and im like its speed alot... its a fast and thoug quad!
im a small guy.... so im having diffucult time to ride it sometimes ... cuz its big and heavy machine and doin me some truble in the air... so i thinking of getting a smaller quad...
since i live in israel all the sports quad we have here is DS,DVX and pred...
so here i am in a dilema between choosing the DVX which i heard is Exactly the same quad as the z400 that sepuse to be a good machine and the pred 500 which heavy and faster than the dvx...
so do you have any advice for me .. i like speed alot... ill miss my ds...
i talk new stock models only... thnx guyz i hope you can help me this time!

Old 12-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default listen up guyz i want to replace my ds to Pred or DVX 400 need some help!

If you want speed, the Pred will definately be faster than the DVX. It has a better suspension in stock form too. Plus its wider and more stable. There have been a few cases of cracked frames with the Pred. Most are from heavy MX racing. This was addressed fir the 04 model. The Z400 and KFX400 have had a lot of cracked frame problems. I dont know if they addressed this with the DVX though

Old 12-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

thanx man can you tell me the top speed of these 2 machine ... pred and dvx (z400)
and the fact that the pred is wider and heavyer means that it would be harder to pull it 2 side wheels and wheelies and other stunts...

Old 12-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HellRider
Hey sport riders!

the DVX which i heard is Exactly the same quad as the z400
Not true. The motor that is the exact same yes, But they changed the erognamoics (sorry bout the spelling) on it so it handles different then the Z.

The only thing I can give to you as advice is just go out and try both of them out...We tell you everything about a quad from out pov but it is still ultimaitly up to you...just ride side and keep the rubber down

friesen

Old 12-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think that the DVX is around 70 and the Pred around 73. NOt a HUGE difference, but then again, there isnt a huge difference in top speed between all the sport quads. The DS ia around 75 right? The Pred wouldnt be as good at doing stunts as the DVX, but I am sure that you can go it with practice. They shortened the swingarm for 04 to allow the front end to come up easier. The hard part about the wheelies is the anti-squat rear suspension. But that helps you to get out of a corner without the front end coming up.

Old 12-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

you mean dvx handle better or not?
and plz do you know the top speed of these 2 machines

Old 12-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think that the dvx handles better then the Z yes...I think that they changed the front end so it reduces the bump steer but I am not 100% sure...as for speeds as big bad said 70 for the dvx and 73 for pred. about

Old 12-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Range Rover

thnx any other information about these 2 quads will help me alot...

Old 12-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

A Z400 will be slower. It has reverse which can be helpful. The Z400 is the best shifting quad out, period. It probably has the least vibration of any quad also.The Predator has all different nuts and bolts, metric, allen head, torx. That is just assinine to do that. A Z400 runs awsome w/ some hotcams and pipe. A rev box is a must w/ the hotcams. Predators runs very well, but I don't care for the half finished body work. Z400 seats are very nice. I wouldn't own a Predator myself, just like some wouldn't own a Dale. It's personal preference.. Good luck..

Old 12-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

go with the 04 predator or the yfz both are kick but qauds. the handling of the machines are right on. i have freinds that have zs and kfx 400 and when i let them ride my predator they say they wished they would have got a predator. there all good machines take your pick.

Quick Reply: listen up guyz i want to replace my ds to Pred or DVX 400 need some help!