Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Clutch springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch springs

I was wondering what springs everyone has laying around. Right now I have a HDP red/yellow , Polaris white and a couple stock blue/green primary springs and a couple stock red secondarys,a blue Aaen,and a purple EPI.Wish I had a yellow HPD or Polaris,brown HPD,pink Polaris primarys. What do you have?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch springs

Just the stock clutch setup that was in my scrammy

Old 01-06-2004, 09:04 AM
CED
Pro Rider
Default Clutch springs

I probably have one of every spring that was made,primary's, secondary's,weights you name it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch springs

Primarys red/yellow, violet, dark blue, plain, gold/silver all hpd and hpd violet secondary!

Old 01-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Default Clutch springs

Trying to get the clutch on my sons new TRailblazer where it engages low enough for him but still performs ok.It had the red/yellow HPD put in a POlaris white and now it bogs down until it gets to the rpms of the pipe.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Clutch springs

I would be interested in what spring you wind up using. Would like to put one in my wifes Blazer, she is just now healing from fracturing her wrist in 30 places. Don't want to strain her wrist, but make it a liitle more fun.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Clutch springs

Brad, I have the HPD plain, Polaris yellow, Dalton black/red (a little more than the yellow if I remember right),HPD red/yellow,white, and a couple of others I just dont remember. I can give you a secret many people might not know about. If you the stock type weights (s series) with the special washer that is used with the 10 series weights, then it will give the clutch more initial engagement rpms. Something like that maybe with a middle of the road spring will give what you want. Tell me if what I have might work, and I'll ship them to you. Whatever you dont need just send them back. If you want I'll send all the ones I have that you dont. I can look tonight and see exactly what I do have. Bubba

Old 01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Clutch springs

I would like to try the Polaris yellow if you could shoot me a price.It looks like it should have a lower engagment than the one I took out but yet still have a better shift rate.I put a white one in and it engages too soon not letting the motor up to the rpm range fast enough causing it to feel slow on the bottom end.I just want to try a few difernt combo to see what I feel suits him the best.It can have a real high engagment but high enough to where it gets to the pipe without bogging down. Thanks

Old 01-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch springs

I'm curious what you guys with Scrambler 500 4X4's are running for your primary spring? My Scrammy is stock for now, would a spring wake it up a little if I left everything else stock? I know on my V, just a spring had a big effect on it.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Clutch springs

I got an HPD brown primary with 10-58g weights and an HPD violet secondary on the 2-2 position with I forget which helix. This is what came with my clutch kit. It engages around 2200rpm?

Quick Reply: Clutch springs