Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hpd 400 race quad Bull Sh!t

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpd 400 race quad Bull ****

Why don't you just buy a race set (engine kit) up from hpd and get a 250R rolling chassing set up from somewhere else. I know it'll take a little work, but you could have the same setup for less. Except for the tranny mods that hpd does.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well stated Kev. Sniff, I still wish things w/ Mike would've worked out....sigh.

You people are welcome to try to copy, but if you've seen the angular calculations which go into the actual drive train mounting.....I think you'd be waving the white flag before you got started. These are very well engineered pieces of equipment. With the perfection of the power-valved motor, I can't imagine the potency of that engine and chassis combination. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You would probably have more of your sanity left over if you went the jackshaft route of the Wolf Bros team. That's sticking w/ the Sport/ Scrambler frame though.

Old 01-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

You all still get me wrong(KEN) I DO LOVE HPD!!!!!!!!
They are the best!!! But, I do think that they should give us more options with at least a modded stock frame .
I know much of his time has been spent on new sh-t for the pred,but, he must be sick of talking to us 400 owners about our crappy frames.He must be sick of telling us how much the quad cost.To put it another way,I know I'm not the only one who has asked about this and many of you have asked to.HE must know that if he builds it we will buy it>
Well enough of cryin,I'll just try to make my own and here is the # one problem
The TRANNY: it's off set and it will not work in line with any atv! I KNOW HPD uses a different trans, it is something that they made to help fix the off set problem.
I'm not sure But, I thought it was made by TEAM.DO any of you know who makes it????
Well if I find out who make it I'll try to get one .
If I don't get that trans it will not work out to good because, I would have to place the trans in front of the swing arm which would make the engine sit to far forward.
THat would make me have to stretch any ATV.
If all eles has failed,I will and I thing I'm going to anyway,MOD up a stock frame using a 250r front end or even a Predator.I also have plans to make a Aluiminum Sub frame,that would be removeable.
I have TWO stock frames and one 250rframe that is very bad shape.ALSO WHO CAN GIVE ME A LINK TO AZ BAD BOYS.I'll give them a call if I go the stock frame route.
THANK you all and keep the Ideas flowwing for me!!
MATT @ TEAM BRICKTUCKY RACING

Old 01-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just back from the shop.....I think Darryll was reading your mind. This year, all the components to build your own HPD 400 two-stroked based race quad will be available. Darryll won't assemble them for you, but the parts will be out. How's that for Happy Friday news! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

DID you get that info from daryl? THAT IS GOOD NEWS FOR SURE!!!! Want type of parts are going to be !!
I think I would only need the trans. but, if he make a frame available I'll try to get it too!!!
YOUR MAKING MY DAY MODGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS INFO !!

Old 01-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

This info is straight from Darryll. He'll have everything on the site when it's ready....yes, the frame, trans, you name it. This is gonna be good! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

KEN< DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG THIS IS!!!!
THIS IS THE BIGGEST AND BEST NEWS EVER FOR US 400 OWNERS!!
NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO BE A POLARIS OWNER!!

Old 01-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The door has been opened, and the chains of the beast are getting ready to give way. The rabbits are getting nervous, cause the hunt is near.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

MODQUAD DID THEY GIVE YOU ANY IDEA OF HOW MUCH THE FRAME AND TRANS WOULD COST > FOR THAT MATTER DID THEY GIVE YOU INFO ON COST OF ANY PARTS FOR THIS MOD!!!
WHAT I would like to know is if it will be wroth it or is the frame going to cost as much as a New quad(predator)
Thank you much!!!!
Matt @ Team Bricktucky Racing

Old 01-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

No indication on pricing. I'm sorry to say, we're gonna have to wait a bit on that I think.....I'm sure Darryll has an idea, but I didn't ask.

Quick Reply: Hpd 400 race quad Bull Sh!t