Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hpd 400 race quad Bull Sh!t

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpd 400 race quad Bull ****

WHY IS HPD SO TIGHT WITH THERE RACE FRAME QUAD!!!!!!!!!!
They make a cool 250r based frame for the 400 auto,BUT, they will not Just sell a rolling chassy or even Just the Frame.They will only sell the whole thing without tires for a cost of about 12000.00 and that is a used raced(beat on) Quad. WHat a bunch of Crap!!!
I've Tried now 4 or 5 times and they still will not give it up .I JUST NEED A FRAME WITH THE TRANS THEY USE> WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL!!! THEy would make alot of money off all of us 400 race kit guys if they would offer it as a rolling chassy .
I'm Going to try soon to make my own race frame using the Predator frame but the prd fame would need to be streched.
Also the trans is not nice for just sitting in a frame So I'll call Team and see if they could work something out for me(LIke the HPD TRANS that they make).
Anyway howmany of you feel the same as I do???
I feel like HPD IS Giving us the shaft on this!!
I think they should make a rolling chassy available!!

I don't want you all to think I hate HPD,They are still the best !! but, they should try to help us more or warn us that the 75Hp engine WIll rip up the stock Frame!!
I can't even think what the 85hp engine would do!!

MATT @ TEAM BRICKTUCKY RACING

Old 01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'd say it's there choice, they probably know how big of a market there would be for it and mayybe they don't want to get into big time frame making business. When would they have time to do r&d for performance parts!

Old 01-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

SO, But They don't make the frame. Leager(Spelling wrong?) makes the frame and I think Team makes the trans all they do is put the stuff in the frame.
All I WANT IS THE FRAME AND THE TRANS!! I CAN DO THE REST!
THEY HAVE BONED US ALL!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think you need to calm down a bit. If "they've boned us all", then why do you want their product so badly. Obviously they've done their homework. There are certain proprietary products, people have worked very hard developing. I too have tried on numerous occasions to talk Darryll out of a rolling chassis....it won't happen. He's busted his butt to give us some go fast gear....I think he deserves fair payment for his invested time. I know your frustration well, just accept it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

This would be Modquads area of expertise. I checked about 2 years ago, and they offered many options, maybe they changed their minds.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry "Modgod", you posted before me.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Matt, a Banshee frame is a good starting place. Since the Polaris setup is wide with the clutching, the Banshee frame works out better.One brace on the left side middle section has to be relocated and I think it needs a few inches in the middle. But with the Yammi being a twin it gives more width room. I do agree that HPD or somebody should offer a good rolling chassis at least. The trans could be duplicated with with a jackshaft/bearing setup unless it is gear reduced. I know Ken is a big HPD fan, and I am too by the way, but I can also see Matt's point as well. The poor polaris people need good stuff but not at the highest dollar figure.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

HPD has been this way with their race frame from the very start of offering it. That's why you don't see an all out HPD racer at your local track.

People who race end up moving away from the 400 platform for this very reason. The potential of the engine is light years beyond the frame/suspension.

HPD is the only company that has ever offered an actual race frame for the 400, and their price for it is very high. You do end up with a true all out racer, but you will pay....

When a local racer was asked by Darrell why he isn't racing one of his quads, the reply from the racer was that he will buy an HPD racer if he ever wins the lottery......

Old 01-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ching ching with the bling bling!!

Old 01-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

If you think there's a market for it, well anyone with some $$$ can do it.
Buy one, copy it, mod it, sell it.
Got to love the U.S.A.

later

Quick Reply: Hpd 400 race quad Bull Sh!t