Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PREDATOR TROY LEE PLASTIC ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004 | 01:58 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default PREDATOR TROY LEE PLASTIC ??

MY PLASTIC IS CRACKING UNDER THE SEAT BY THE WHEEL FENDERS. NEVER ROLLER OR ANYTHING. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? MY DEALER SAID SORRY, BUT THE NEW ONES (LATER 2003 AND 2004), THEY MADE THEM DIFFERENT, SO I KNOW THEY HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE DESIGN. ITS RIGHT WERE THE TORX SCREW HOLD THE PLASTIC DOWN TO FRAME UNDER THE SEAT ON BOTH SIDES.

Old 01-09-2004 | 03:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I've heard of a few doing this, but considering what we put them through.....people will find the limitations. Maybe to get by, a larger diameter washer could be installed to spread out the stresses. I would stop-drill the crack, or even try some sort of soldering iron "re-melt" combined w/ the washer. I know Polaris has a heck of a deal ($199) for both the front a rear replacements. Also, keeping some sort of protectant ( as people know my choice is 3M Marine vinyl protectant, from Walmart) on the plastic seems to aid in maintaining pliability. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004 | 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

I think we are all doomed as far as plastics go.
Heres why: POLARIS plastics are softer then any other atvs.This is why it cracks easier>the only good ting about softer pastic is thatit is easier to melt back together.
This polaris plastic is so soft that just rubbing o pine needles scratches them.
As for 04 predator plastics being stronger--thats bull!!!
They did away with 2 bolts(torxs screws) under the seat,the two that are forward.I thnk this made it less strong!!!
I was riding down a trail and ran over a arm size stick,it went in the rear wheel area and ripped off the whole side the only thng that was holding it on was the heelguard
It looked as if it hit in the rear and ripped it forward as it went around the wheel.I think it wouldn't have been so bad if the two screws they took out were there. after fixxing the plastic I put those screws in and it made the whole rear plastic feel stronger.Polaris had the holes in the frame still from the 03s and te plastics even had a indent for the screws But, no screws on the 04
I don't see any other things they have done to make them stronger then a 03.

Old 01-09-2004 | 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Mine are broken on both sides where the torx screws go. Will prob replace w/'04 plastic. MX takes a toll on this machine. Can't really complain about small stuff.

Old 01-09-2004 | 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I JUST ORDERED NEW BLACK ONES FOR 169.99 I ALREADY GOT THEM AND PUT THEM ON---- THEY FIT GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2004 | 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: fidge1
I JUST ORDERED NEW BLACK ONES FOR 169.99 I ALREADY GOT THEM AND PUT THEM ON---- THEY FIT GREAT!!!!!!!!!

where did you get the black plastic for that price?....... i looked at some from fullbore, but that was a lttle to spendy

Old 01-09-2004 | 11:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wow.. thats a long name...
welcome to the forums!

Old 01-10-2004 | 01:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You can get the metallic black straight from your dealer for a list price of $199 for front and rear.

Old 01-10-2004 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

I PICKED UP BLACK METALIC PLASTICS FOR 169.99 FROM MOTORSPORTSSUPERSTORE.....

2003 PREDATOR
13T FRONT SPROCKET
BLACK PLASTICS
CHROME HEADLIGHT COVERS
JETTRIM SEAT
LTE TWINS
K&N
JET KIT
RADIATOR SCOOPS

Old 01-10-2004 | 08:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks to Polaris for passing the savings on to us! Kinda hard on those Full-bore folks. Wow competition can be a fierce thing.

Quick Reply: PREDATOR TROY LEE PLASTIC ??