Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

04 Scrambler 4x4 Dune Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Scrambler 4x4 Dune Help Needed

Originally posted by: Kushman
If you use a Heelclicker clutch kit....you can adjust it for the application you want....about a 30 minutes change to swap springs
They did not have a listing for an 04 Scrambler, will have to give them a call.

Thank you!

Craig

Old 01-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: VegasFireman
If you use a Heelclicker clutch kit....you can adjust it for the application you want....about a 30 minutes change to swap springs

Thank you!

Craig
I asked an advocate for Heelclicker about them on a scrammy and he said he'd love to have my money but that it's not the best platform for the Heelclicker, he said Heelclickers were more geared towards the Sportsman world.....Heelclicker on the other hand said "sure, it'll work fine"

Just food for thought...

Old 01-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Very Important tip on the SandStars. (thats what I run now) 2 1/2 psi for air pressure. At least that is what I ahve found to be best.

Old 01-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: fishslab
Very Important tip on the SandStars. (thats what I run now) 2 1/2 psi for air pressure. At least that is what I ahve found to be best.
Noted and much appreciated!

Do you run it in 4 wheel drive up the large hills?

Craig

Old 01-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RookWV
Originally posted by: VegasFireman

Thank you!

Craig
I asked an advocate for Heelclicker about them on a scrammy and he said he'd love to have my money but that it's not the best platform for the Heelclicker, he said Heelclickers were more geared towards the Sportsman world.....Heelclicker on the other hand said "sure, it'll work fine"

Just food for thought...
Ok now I'm back to confused again *L* Almost 200 bucks is a lot of maybe. Maybe I'll wait on the clutch til I get some input on what works well for others.

Thank you!

Craig

Old 01-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Do you run it in 4 wheel drive up the large hills?

Craig
You can and you won't hurt a thing. But, more than likely you won't need it! I'm telling you, the paddles make that much difference. Just remember though, it is still not a fast machine by Rapor, Predator, Banshee, etc... standards. Especially at the dunes were all these bikes have the same if not more mods than you. Enjoy it for what it is.

Old 01-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

I just ordered my sandstars from Rockymountainatv 2 tires 2 .160 rims all mounted and good to go for 193.00 delivered!!!

Hey Fishslab, did your scrammy start to bounce before you went with the paddles?? Thats what mine was doing even in 4x4

Chris

Old 01-22-2004, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Chris,
I'm not sure what you mean by bounce. It may be a balnce issue on the tires. I never had stock rubber on it from the day I bought it. When and what conditions cause your bounce?

Old 01-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

big hills loosing momentum and still having a little traction, it would start to bounce like a truck will do in the sand

Chris

Old 01-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

I have not had it happen on mine. But I know what you are refering too. It's like a harmonics problem. Is it on the rear? You may need to tighten swing arm bolts. My mechanic was telling me a few weeks back that some Scramblers can have severe harmonics problems going over whoops. So bad that they can throw the rider. Again I have not had that problem and I hit the whoops hard sometimes. As long as my arms and back can take it anyway. Might still be the factory rubber if that's what your running. Let us know if it goes away after you put the new Stars on. You know last thought here. Trucks do that when they lose traction on one side like limited slip difs. First make sure you have not stripped a rear hub. Next try it with out 4x4 and see if it goes away.

Quick Reply: 04 Scrambler 4x4 Dune Help Needed