Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

THERE IS NO DOUBT NOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THERE IS NO DOUBT NOW!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I just finished working on a wrecked Sportsman 700..(flipped four times and rolled into a tree)My friend is working on a wrecked Grizz 660...The sportsman is built like a tank compared to the grizzily...The griz was rolled and a lot more damage than the Sportsman..Now I know why they only weigh 600 lbs....Sportsman is back on the trail and freind is waiting on parts..and lots of them..

Old 01-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

that sux u get hurt rolling 600lbs 4 times on u

Old 01-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

And people b!tch about the weight all the time. The weight comes from the heavy duty parts that are on the Sportsman compare to the jap bikes. Some people just dont get it though

Old 01-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Only thing hurt luckly was my pride...My riding friends are in total amazement of the accident and no one hurt and the small amount of damage to atv..took about two hours and two atv's to retrieve the machine..Three tires had the beads broken and I still rode it back to the camp..Mostly cosmetic damage!!!

Old 01-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

U got lucky then--- my buddy rolled his p650 and got away with cosmetics also

Old 01-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

polaris are built tough!! i've rolled my tb plenty of times and only once it got damaged but barely. it was the last time and i was foolin around goin slow up a big mound of mulch and makin a berm in the side and i slowed down and it just startin to roll down it. rolled about 3 or 4 times i luckily jumped far enough out of the way. when i got it up right the only thing that was wrong was the top of the stering stem where the handlebars connect to the steering stem crunched up a little but havent fixed it and hasnt effected anything so i wont fix it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Range Rover

i agree,the polaris' are built like tanks

i tipped the scrammy over at like 40mph and for some reason it didnt roll,it just slid about 50 yards and there were only minor scratches on the left fendors

i was being a show off and tried balancing it on 2side wheels at aroung 40 mph and hit a stump and lost control while it was on the 2 side wheels

Old 01-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

The key to is not letting that monster land on you...

Old 01-26-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

The Sportsmans are awesome bikes. But I've always been a little scared to hill climb with them. Last thing I need is that thing chasing me end over end down a hill. My Xplorer is a little lighter not scared of that. but still wouldn't want it to land on me.
Long live heavy bikes.

Old 01-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

oh i know they are tanks my tb been fliped over about 17 times heres 2 of the biggest wrecks -- one time trying to go up this hill i barley made it up before. so i went as fast as i could like in 20 feet before the hill went the hole way to the top and then the tires started to spin so i knew then it was coming back on me and it did rolled backwards 3 times then rolled side ways 3 times and it landed on me twice from what they say but i got knocked out and woke up in a ditch but i just got a sore back and my back and side was cut to shreads. as for the tb teh plastic was broke in a couple places, bushing from the sterring and a arms was gone and handle bars each side was bent inwards about 5 inches the other time flying down this old curvy dirt rode was in the lead of everone b/c i was used to it more but around the one big turn going like around 65 full throttle down hill it got side ways and as soon as the back tires hit the bank i flew off of it about 15 feet off of the rode and it rolled twice in mid air laned on it side and slide for another 30 feet i was fine again got up and we flipped it over it the only thig happen was the handler bars got a lil bent

--------------------------
1999 250 trail blazer
--------------------------
k&n filter DG exhaust for now
just to make it a lil lounder
titan 489 xts on the back
maxxis razors on the front
full skid plate,bash gaurd
rebuilt trans,D.I.D chain
pro amor belt,scott grips
the newer model tie rod ends
12 t front 36 t back sprokets