Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LOUD PIPES

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUD PIPES

I think it all depends on what silencer(or muffler) you use.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

Originally posted by: RookWV
Less sound = More ground

Don't get loud pipes for yourself and get riding areas shut down for the rest of us.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I couldnt agree more. Why would anyone want to have the loudest pipe. Doesnt make any sense to me. That is the main complaint people have and why places get shut down. Yet there are still people who want to be as loud as they can. I guess some people think more noise means more power. People need to wise up or we'll have no where to ride.

Now, that being said, I have nothing against aftermarket pipes, love them. But some are WAY too loud. You can get the same performance with less noise.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

loud pipes save lifes i read that in atv sport or dirtwheeles

Old 02-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

I have a DG Xcellerator pipe and it's loud, I'm going to try FMF's quiet exhaust packing to help quiet it down.

Old 02-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

Originally posted by: xxxracerxxx
The same people that believe that are the ones who dont wear a helmet b/c they think the strap will strangle them if it gets caught on something, and they dont wear seatbelts b/c they could get trapped in the car if they get in a wreck.......

Old 02-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Range Rover
Default LOUD PIPES

Loud pipes save lives is a STREET bike saying. The loud pipes help drivers of cars to notice bikes in the blind spots and keep them from changing lanes into the rider. I have been overlooked by car drivers when I had stock mufflers, but with loud mufflers it did not happen even once (10 to 20 times the riding time).

I think loud pipes off road are a terrible idea that will help the anti-ATV crowd continue to grow!

ATV Sport and DirtWheels are hurting the sport if they are endorsing the use of loud pipes!

Old 02-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

Here we go again........ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

with out a doubt the dg silencer is verryyyy loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ross

Old 02-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

Loud Pipes save lives has never been said in dirt wheels. In the back of the magazine they have a sticker add, the compnay that the add is for sometimes uses that, along with many others as an example. Dirt Wheels is opposed to louder then needed pipes. They actually have an interview in the march 2004 issue with guys from FMF talking about their new pipes that make less noise.

I think an argument for loud pipes makes less sense than the guy on here talking about that 800 suzuki that generated about 400 replies.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

Originally posted by: DaveMaxx
Loud pipes save lives is a STREET bike saying. The loud pipes help drivers of cars to notice bikes in the blind spots and keep them from changing lanes into the rider. I have been overlooked by car drivers when I had stock mufflers, but with loud mufflers it did not happen even once (10 to 20 times the riding time).

I think loud pipes off road are a terrible idea that will help the anti-ATV crowd continue to grow!

ATV Sport and DirtWheels are hurting the sport if they are endorsing the use of loud pipes!
I couldnt agree more Dave. MY HPD pipe is 93db and that is loud enough for me. It wasnt neccessarily the volume of the sound that I wanted as much as the sound itself. For example, I have friends that put cherry bombs on their S10's and blazers. While they are louder than my Blazer, they still sound like ****!!. I went the right way and put a Flowmaster muffler on. It is loud, but not obnoxiously loud, and I couldnt be happier with the V8 rumble that it produces. And for the loud pipes, for a street bike it is a must IMO. I have had a lot of people cut me off and have to drive OFFENSIVELY when on my bike. If people arent going to see me, then they sure as hell are going to hear me!!!! People are just too careless on the road.

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES