Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

400ex vs Pred

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex vs Pred

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
Hey guys, I have a simple question. I am going to little sahara in a couple days, and I have a predator that will go right along. My question is...Is there anyway that a 400ex that is big bored(i suppose that would be a 440ex then) beat me?? I dont think it has a whole lot other than that, a pipe im sure but that is all. Brad
hm... Well, I hav3 a 426ex with the works done to it, and Im afraid mine wont beat my ole mans Predator, BUT..... He also has a ton of mods as well .. I think if I was was to race him when he was stock and I had my 426 big bore then.. I think I might give him a run for his money, but now..... NO WAY. Ive ride his qaud and its bloody fast now... Do you know for sure what Bore it is???? Tina .......

Old 02-18-2004, 05:20 AM
Trailblazer
Default 400ex vs Pred

bradracer, how does your pred run with all them paddles on the tires? ive seen some bad banshees with less blades than that? and what part of iowa are you in? always looking for somone to ride with.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

I am from Griswold, about 35 miles east of council bluffs. My Pred runs great with those paddles, that is what we used to run on the 250r, but then i put them on the pred and it hooks up great and doesnt steal any more power than usual. Brad

Old 02-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

400ex vs a PREDATOR.WHAT A JOKE,the PRedator will smoke it.I haven't found ONE 400ex faster then my pred.JUST this past weekend I Spanked a 400ex on alky.JUST LIKE EVERY 400ex OWNER think it's SO FAST.ONTILL you beat them,BUT THEN THEY"LL SAY THAT SOMETHING WENT WRONG.
THE 400ex's DAYS are over.the new four strokes are much more advanced.
Also a bit off the subject but, I STRONGLY BELIEVE that some of these predators came faster then others.Ihave seen it fist hand.SAME STUFF ON EACH PRED AND a heavier rider and the heavier rider won.THE SAME GOES FOR MY PRED. I'm 210 and spanked lighter guys on the same set up.
I know the rider make the difference too BUT, the guys I raced had more time on there preds.

so back on what I wrote, I suppose that a highly modded 400ex COULD beat a predator with the right rider on it.
OVER ALL THOUGH-----I think the PREDATOR IS FASTER.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
400ex vs a PREDATOR.WHAT A JOKE,the PRedator will smoke it.I haven't found ONE 400ex faster then my pred.JUST this past weekend I Spanked a 400ex on alky.JUST LIKE EVERY 400ex OWNER think it's SO FAST.ONTILL you beat them,BUT THEN THEY"LL SAY THAT SOMETHING WENT WRONG.
Also a bit off the subject but, I STRONGLY BELIEVE that some of these predators came faster then others.Ihave seen it fist hand.SAME STUFF ON EACH PRED AND a heavier rider and the heavier rider won.THE SAME GOES FOR MY PRED. I'm 210 and spanked lighter guys on the same set up.
I know the rider make the difference too BUT, the guys I raced had more time on there preds.

so back on what I wrote, I suppose that a highly modded 400ex COULD beat a predator with the right rider on it.
No need to bag on ALL 400ex owners,..... Did nt I just say my ole mans Predaotr would beat mine??? Yes, the 400ex is old technology, BUT!!!! A rider can take OLD technology and still kick some ones *** with it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Im tellin ya. RIDER<RIDER RIDER< It ALMOST ALWAYS come down to RIDER........ I have beat Raptors with my 400ex with a PIPE only is a drag, not that its faster...... A 440ex is a fast qaud, just look at a few that are still in Pro kickin some of the new Technology(goes bacl to rider again) Fastest qaud isnt always the best qaud anyhow.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

Originally posted by: TNTQuadJunkies

No need to bag on ALL 400ex owners,..... Did nt I just say my ole mans Predaotr would beat mine??? Yes, the 400ex is old technology, BUT!!!! A rider can take OLD technology and still kick some ones *** with it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Im tellin ya. RIDER<RIDER RIDER< It ALMOST ALWAYS come down to RIDER........ I have beat Raptors with my 400ex with a PIPE ONLY in a drag, not that its faster...... A 440ex is a fast qaud, just look at a few that are still in Pro kickin some of the new Technology(goes bacl to rider again) Fastest qaud isnt always the best qaud anyhow.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Tina.....

Old 02-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

Sorry TINA< DIdn't mean to step on you and all 400ex owners.it's just that HERE in N.J we have TOO manny nuckle heads with 400EXs who taLk too much **** and they are always getting passed in the races (DRAGS)THEN THEY MAKE SOME EXCUSE UP TP WHY THEY LOST!! MY VERY SICK OF IT!!
NOW YOU ARE RIGHT--RIDER<RIDER<RIDER.
IT is the rider who makes to BIGGEST DIFFERENCE!!!
OVERALL the PREDATOR IS FASTER THOUGH!!
AND I STILL FEEL THAT SOME CAME FROM POLARIS FASTER THEN OTHERS. THAT IS WHAT I FELT RIDING OTHER PREDS COMPARED TO MINE.
I"M NOT saying my pred is the fastest but I only have a pure polaris pipe and a filter with jetting and it's faster then other preds with abit more into the engine.
MAYBE IT ME BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT SEEMS.

ONCE AGAIN I"M SORRY TINA FOR MAKING FUN OF 400EXs

Old 02-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

Sorry TINA< DIdn't mean to step on you and all 400ex owners.it's just that HERE in N.J we have TOO manny nuckle heads with 400EXs who taLk too much **** and they are always getting passed in the races (DRAGS)THEN THEY MAKE SOME EXCUSE UP TP WHY THEY LOST!! MY VERY SICK OF IT!!
NOW YOU ARE RIGHT--RIDER<RIDER<RIDER.
IT is the rider who makes to BIGGEST DIFFERENCE!!!
OVERALL the PREDATOR IS FASTER THOUGH!!
AND I STILL FEEL THAT SOME CAME FROM POLARIS FASTER THEN OTHERS. THAT IS WHAT I FELT RIDING OTHER PREDS COMPARED TO MINE.
I"M NOT saying my pred is the fastest but I only have a pure polaris pipe and a filter with jetting and it's faster then other preds with abit more into the engine.
MAYBE IT ME BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT SEEMS.

ONCE AGAIN I"M SORRY TINA FOR MAKING FUN OF 400EXs
Its cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....... I do think your right about how some rider quads ~~NEW~~ being BETTER than others... I think even before anything but a pipe was done to mine,, I seriously think my EX outrode any other local Ex over here stock or piped!!! Example....... My second wk end on the flattrack, I had a guy in the bleachers stop me and ask me what kind of motor work I had done. I told him NONE... Well, you know the type...... ALOT of people beef up there chit and then LIE about it, so.. I think he thought that of mine!!!! So, I told him he could ask any race down thre they all know what Ive had done to it..He told me he had a 440ex and SWORE mine rode as fast on the track as His did!!!! LOL!!!! Must have something to do with a good dialed in quad and rider Eh????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hehe

Old 02-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

Even though that EX is pretty bad if it bored out to a 440...but you should be ok...your pred...should come out on top

Old 02-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs Pred

Ok guys and girls, thanks for all of the advise. I guess I am going to have to practice some, although I'm pretty good at shifting right before the rev limiter now. I have one last question, how do you think my Predator will stand against a YZF450?? A kid has one of these too, but I am just wondering, I probably wont stand a chance to that. It is totally stock. One more question, does anyone have their carb done by doug nicholas yet?? I was just wondering if you guys had noticed the huge improvement!! anyways, im leaving tomarrow at 8am so i guess i'll find out soon enough. Thanks Brad

Quick Reply: 400ex vs Pred