Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scramblers Oil Injector broken?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scramblers Oil Injector broken?

Is there any kind of remedy for a non injecting oil injector? Could I drowned it in B-12 to clean it up or what? Polaris is pretty proud of those things. ^$$$^

Old 02-18-2004, 01:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

You've probably checked this already, but many times the pump itself is not the culprit. It is the check valve on the intake (little brass piece that the pump tube connects to). A clogged check valve can prevent oil from reaching the engine. Also, check to make certain that oil is reaching the pump. Try changing the pump discharge tube, not because it's clogged but the old one is probably opaque and difficult to see the oil moving. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Greg

Old 02-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Range Rover

Take it off and replace it with a Hot Seat Performance oil injector block off kit. Then premix 32:1. You have the satisfaction of knowing it is always getting oil and the injector wont break down causing a loss of a motor.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS ---I TOLD YOU ALL THAT THE OIL INJECTOR BRAKES. AWHILE ago we had a post about the oil injector and some of you wrote that they NEVER BRAKE. I KNOW THOSE THINGS ARE KNOWN FOR BURNING UP 400 ENGINES.
SOME FOUGHT WITH ME ABOUT THIS .
WELL HERES YOUR PROOF!!!!
I"D GET RID OF THAT THING AND PRE-MIX 32:1

Old 02-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

One breaks in 20,000 posts and it's a real problem.lol Like 89traiboss said it's probably not even the injector pump. It could be a plugged filter, bad hose, bad check valve. I really don't care if someone chooses to premix, it is not for me though.

Old 02-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Range Rover

Mine technically did not break. The cable broke in the box for the injector. It was not changing the rate of oil that was mixed. It was pumping at max all the time. I got real lucky. We went for a 8 hour ride in Pittsfield State Forest in Western MA. I got real lucky because we were out in the middle of east cupcake. I feel much better now that I took it off.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

I"M not tring to start a fight with you FISHSLAB< I just know for "FACT" That they have caused problems. IT may NOT be BROKE,BUT even just being off pne way or another COULD burn UP yor ENGINE!!!SO WHY TAKE THE RISK!!!!ALL it takes is a broken cable, wore out gears,dirt in the line,and or any other thing that might hurt the injector.
I DO BELIEVE IN--TO EACH THERE OWN!!!!!
WHAT EVER YOU WANT!!!
LISTEN, IF IT NEVER BROKE ON ME MAYBE I"D STILL HAVE ONE.
MAYBE IF I HADN"T SEEN SO MANNY BURNED UP 400s IN THE SHOP DO TO THE OIL INJECTOR<I"D HAVE ONE.
I know that they work great in Other engines and aplications BUT for a ATV I DON"T THINK SO!!
WHY-THat is because I feel that most of the problems DO come from the cable-THE cable ISN"T protected by a cover -it just sits along the frame down there and could easily get pulled by sticks and trees(I'VE SEEN THIS FRIST HAND IN MY SHOP!!) also the gear on the injector inside the motor has failed before too,IT has been sripped,the roll pin that holds the gear on broke,and in one case I"v seen one JUST NOT WORK.
NOW I CAN"T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANY OTHER ATV ,SLED,OR JET SKI but, the injector on the 400 WILL FAIL!!!!!!
THATS OF CORSE IF YOU RIDE IT ALOT !!!

THIS IS ALL WHAT I"VE SEEN AND IT"S MY OPINION!!!
DON"T TAKE IT TO HEART!!!
SORRY IF I STEPPED ON SOMEONE,I DID MEAN TO

Old 02-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Range Rover

Hey everyone! is 32:1 the basic mixture on polaris? ihave a 96 300 the dealer told me 40:1 any thoughts!