Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

something just went wrong...this will be expensive

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something just went wrong...this will be expensive

OK I went out on my trailblazer the other day...heres what happened.....

Started it up and went riding, after a while, it would bogg out at full throttle. I found out it did NOT do this with the choke on....thats strange..is it getting TO MUCH air? I didnt leave the choke on when I was riding though....As the ride went on..less and less could I push the throttle in before it bogged out again...time to go back home. Kept riding back (I got about 5 miles to ride back) it dies. NOW IT WONT IDLE! Started it up and gave it very little gas to get it to keep running.. im doin about 10 mph at this point and thats as fast as it will go. Dies again....oh !@#$ now it wont start, kept trying to start it (like a dumb%^&) and BANG!!!! Loud noise coming right from under me.. still not started of course, and now smoke is coming out of the exaust. oh &*(%!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to walk the 4 miles or so to get the truck and trailer.

I have a feeling this will be expensive.

WHAT THE #$%^ IS WRONG???? CAN IT BE FIXED?

Old 02-19-2004, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

almost sounds like it was getting to much gas

Old 02-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an intake leak.Check the clamps on the carb and check the manifold for cracks and splits.

Old 02-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a crankcase leak, or some sort of air leak into the motor. I can start from something as little as a small leak around a gasket........ Hate to tell ya bro, but Your right....... It's probably gonna be expensive. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know what to say...before you spend big bucks then I would defenetly check your carb....clean it out..check your needle..check your jets and check your float...It could possibly be getting to much fuel or air..or not enough...check those things first before you fork over the big $$$

Old 02-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Bangs are not good at all. A carb is not going to cause a "bang". Did it smell hot when this happened?

Smoke? What kind of smoke? Blue? Black? Does it smell like oil? Smell like raw gas? What does the oil look like? Metal? What does the plug look like? Is it all oily? Does it turn over? Does it feel tight when turning over?

Sounds like you were sticking a piston and something finally let loose. You have to answer my questions before I can answer yours.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

i have to agree with doctorturbo it sounds like it was slowing starting to seize. hate to say it but the last time i had a bog and then heard a bang it was time for a new top end. but heres were u are wrong if it is new top end time, it wont be exspensive. if u do the work yourself. all u need to do is take the jug and head off and send the jug to rik ritter and have him bore it for 35$ and u make as well have your head milled for the extra power it dosnt cost that much. and then buy a new piston for 90$. it sure beats what u would pay at a dealer. i couldnt get my grandpa to let me do it myself so we paid 550$ to have it done at the dealer. i sorta pissed him off when i told him how much money he would have saved but oh well its his loss. anyway good luck finding out your prob.
scott

Old 02-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

oh and by the way maybe u should think about getting some head protection. its cheap and can save your life. i know i read somewhere that u cant hear the motor and it affects your riding but a head injury will affect it much more. u need to learn to adjust.scott

Old 02-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

this weekend i was starting up my trailblazer and i forgot to turn the gas on it bogged down and died i tried to restart it and there was a loud bang it fouled the spark plug and i changed the plug and it started but ran rough do you guys think i blew my motor....

Old 02-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

ok heres the anwers to your questions

Smoke? yes
What kind of smoke? really light....it was just kinda barley comming out of the exaust pipe
Blue? nope
Black? nope..it was gray, kinda like regular exaust smoke I guess.
Does it smell like oil? it smelled like exuast
Smell like raw gas? ""
What does the oil look like? the oil in the tank? Its great, I put Pennzoil 2 cycle motor oil in it just a few days before it happened, Ive always run that oil ever since I got it in October
Metal? what metal?
What does the plug look like? It looks fine to me..I would check it, but im afraid if I try to start the motor again something else will go wrong
Is it all oily? no doesnt look like it
Does it turn over? havent tried again...I dont wanna make things worse
Does it feel tight when turning over? havent tried again...I dont wanna make things worse

Quick Reply: something just went wrong...this will be expensive