Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700EFI Should I buy or not??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700EFI Should I buy or not??

This weekend, I went on a 380km expedition. We were a total 37 quads of all kinds of brands and models. Everyone made it back, except the only 700efi sp of the bunch. We left it in a town 240km from here and brought back the owner. The injectors stopped injecting fuel, we don't know what happen. The owner has left this afternoon to go and get it. All other regular carburated 700sp have had no problems. EFI will be a good thing in the ATV world (good move from Polaris) but I think they are not had their best, more corrections are to come to the new EFI equipped ATVs CDIs programs. Next year's EFI Polaris are going to be even better and reliable.

Old 02-24-2004 | 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

need proof of a 700EFI doing a wheelie in high range because my friend even tried PULLING on the bars as hard as he could and it still wouldn't wheelie.

So say a five dollar bet paid through paypal or 500 dollar bet don't care will put my money were my mouth is or just for good old smack talking rights.. I can send a vid showing the speedo with the "H" showing and pull a wheelie. Mine will do it on the roll. I will just need to figure out a way to hold the camera or would someone that films the read out then steps back while I take off be good enough for you. I can continue to ride the wheelie also if that needs to be further proof. Love riding wheelies. Let me know if I should make the vid this weekend. Also were i can get it hosted. I would need to email to you as I don't now where to get it hosted.

Old 02-25-2004 | 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

As far as Polaris being built tough and reliable, thats like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge, you just happen to like what you own in most cases. I've owned two Honda's, 2 Yamaha's, one Kawasaki and two Polaris 4-wheelers. Just my experience, but the first 300 Honda Fourtrax I owned was a good machine, the 450 with automatic pushbotton shifting was the worst machine i've owned. The Yamaha did well, not problems whatsoever, the Kawasaki had only minor problems. I have the 450 Honda at the same time as my 500 Polaris Sportsman, the Polaris ran like a champ always, never had any failures after 2250 miles. Now I picked up a 700 EFI, only time will tell. I have to say it is a pleasure to ride, easy starting and power out the A$$. Will see on the EFI, first year vehicle, so may have to work out some problems, but haven't been able to get it to fail in any way, but only have about 55 miles on the unit so far.

Old 02-25-2004 | 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
As far as Polaris being built tough and reliable, thats like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge, you just happen to like what you own in most cases. I've owned two Honda's, 2 Yamaha's, one Kawasaki and two Polaris 4-wheelers. Just my experience, but the first 300 Honda Fourtrax I owned was a good machine, the 450 with automatic pushbotton shifting was the worst machine i've owned. The Yamaha did well, not problems whatsoever, the Kawasaki had only minor problems. I have the 450 Honda at the same time as my 500 Polaris Sportsman, the Polaris ran like a champ always, never had any failures after 2250 miles. Now I picked up a 700 EFI, only time will tell. I have to say it is a pleasure to ride, easy starting and power out the A$$. Will see on the EFI, first year vehicle, so may have to work out some problems, but haven't been able to get it to fail in any way, but only have about 55 miles on the unit so far.
What makes you say your Honda 450 is the worst machine out of the bunch??? Just curious cuz most of the time you see the exact opposite in many posts! Me I ride all Yamaha and have yet to have a problem out of any of mine!

Old 02-25-2004 | 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: elkbow
What makes you say your Honda 450 is the worst machine out of the bunch??? Just curious cuz most of the time you see the exact opposite in many posts! Me I ride all Yamaha and have yet to have a problem out of any of mine!
What a coincidence, that post was also my 450th post on this forum! LOL!

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

Tell your friend he needs to learn how to pull wheelies. I can get my 2000 non HO soprtsman 500 to pull wheelies in high from a dead stop.

Old 02-25-2004 | 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

I just love how non-polaris owners like to come to our forum and try to talk junk. Ya'll don't be jealous it will be okay.

Old 02-25-2004 | 02:45 PM
Range Rover

The 700 EFI is a good choice. I've got 250 miles on mine so far and havent had a problem yet. I dont know if my EFI will wheelie, i havent tried. If you can wait til later this year my polaris dealer here says there will be a 800 sportsman EFI comin out along with a 700 scrammy. I know i'll be getting the 800 when it comes out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: predatorman
The 700 EFI is a good choice. I've got 250 miles on mine so far and havent had a problem yet. I dont know if my EFI will wheelie, i havent tried. If you can wait til later this year my polaris dealer here says there will be a 800 sportsman EFI comin out along with a 700 scrammy. I know i'll be getting the 800 when it comes out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I wonder what the limit will be with how big the manufacturers are allowed to make their machines!!! How big is enough?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: predatorman
I wonder what the limit will be with how big the manufacturers are allowed to make their machines!!! How big is enough?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 700EFI Should I buy or not??