Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will this clutch kit still help with this exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this clutch kit still help with this exhaust???

Ok, here is my pickle,,,I'll keep it simple,,,I have a super trap exhaust,,,I have an hpd high performance clutch kit,,,the kit says its for if you have the hpd exhaust,,,If I install this kit will it work with the super trap,,,will it still give me power gains,,,or is it totaly not worth puting in??? The reason why I ask this is because I can still send the clutch kit back..but I just read the hpd return policy....and it says first of all you don't get your money back,,,you either exchange it for something,,or you get credit with them...and they also charge a 30% restocking fee (which is f'ing rediculus) And I checked there web site and they really don't have anything I can use so it would be a waste to have store credit..but if this clutch is not going to do anything or if it is going to mess things up then I'd rather have a 20$ t-shirt and some shock covers then a screwed up quad??? so whats the verdict???

Old 02-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF you are still stock it will work ok but you may need to fine tune it. The weights will be ok and the secondary will too but if the primary has too high of engagment you can change the spring to what suits your style. Its not wasted put it in and see what happens.

Old 02-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have a supertrap exhaust on it..so I don't have factory exhaust...so the weights and the secondary spring will be good...ya the primary spring might be to high of engagement...if it is,,what would I use for a primary spring??? stock..or aftermarket???

Old 02-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with either a white green or yellow polaris.If the clutch came with a HPD brown try it.I have one in a modded trailblazer and it is ok. I really like the white I have hadd it in a 425Magnum with the Supertrapp and it did good but I had a Aaen blue secondary set at 2-2. I have the same set up in my 500scrammy for now but goingg to put my Team secondary on it soon and hope the back shift will be about the same.Sorry to ramble but ...........I am bored tonite[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with ftwflh, go ahead and try it, it'll probably work fine. As for which primary spring, that is up to your personal preference, I've heard good things about the Polaris White. I'm using an EPI Pink because I had one to try and it has a 0 stall rating so my wife can still ride comfortably
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The kit for a piped (doesnt have to be an HPD pipe) comes with a brown primary spring which engages around 2200 RPM. It will work fine with your supertrap

Old 02-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Ok big bad scrambler and everyone else...My kit came with the purple secondary spring for my new helix...but the primary spring I got is red??? what now for the primary spring...should I keep the red..or should I get the brown??? In my book it says the white, green. are used the the 400sport/scrambler...would those work for my 500 scrammy??? I'm sorry for all the questions...but I don't know jack about this color crap on my springs.

Old 02-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

excuse me correction..the primary is a red/yellow which has an engagement of 122 and shift pounds at 239......the brown is 85/209.....so what should I do..keep the red,,get a brown or get something else????

Old 02-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, the Red/Yellow is very high, I run a Polaris Yellow in my V and it has a 40 engagement which is about right. Unless you are totally into drag racing I'd try and stay below 60 but it all depends on your riding style. I tried three different springs before I found the one I like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Which kit did you get? The ATVCK5A or the ATVCK5PA? The ATVCK5PA has a higher engagement than the ATVCK5A (which is what I got).

Quick Reply: Will this clutch kit still help with this exhaust???