Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2000, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats wrong!

The dealer is trying to rip you off. Call the corporate offices & talk to someone. It just goes to show you that the "warrenty work" is only as good as the dealer wants it to be.

Did you purchase the quad from the same dealership?

Old 07-10-2000, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

Well my friends father called Polaris today and gave them the name of the man he talked with. Come to find out the guy was a salesman from the dealership he took it to. Polaris called the dealership and told them they had to fix the brakes under the warranty and they were not very happy about what the dealership had said. I found out from another buddy of mine that owns a Yamaha dealership that the mechanic at this particular dealership has been known to do warranty work and then charge then customer for the work done. Seems like he's in cahoots with one of the salesmen now. Well anyways I thank all of you for your support and comments, if your ever in the Northwest Indiana area let me know and we'll go do some riding. Thanks again. Randy

Old 07-10-2000, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

glad u got it resolved.
does anyone know if polaris ever punishes dealers for unethical practices? i know some of the things that the dealers do make polaris look bad and i would think that polaris would want to punish them for doing things like this.

later

jon

Old 07-10-2000, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES,
we win one.

''HAIL TO THE VICTORS''

Old 07-10-2000, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

I know that they are pretty strick on dealers that don't give the safety course.CM

Old 07-11-2000, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris will never know about it unless it is brought to there attn so call and complain unless it is cought on the forum it is not seen by polaris.

Old 07-11-2000, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider

Don't say I told you so but "I told you so" I kinda thought that this was a story coming from a dealership...I just couldn't believe that one of the main rods at Polaris was pulling something like this...I just have to good of a dealer for this story to be true...be sure to post the name of the dealer so the rest of the readers on here can stay away from this jerks dealer ship.
And Ptlm3 you really need to get your story straight before posting on here you plainly said in your first that someone called from Polaris, I know this was probably not intentional but you must understand by posting something that wasn't true you really got a lot of people fired up and it turned out to be just some lousy stinkin dealership...As some good advice in the future I would make sure that reference you make are either coming from a dealership or the Main Polaris office...Just think after what I have said I may be a marked man now as far as Polaris is concerned hehehe...guessing I will be keeping my Sportsman.

Old 07-11-2000, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

Money wise, none of the dealers have cheated me but
I get a little nervous when I hear about so many possible problems with other people concerning the 2000 series polaris atv's. Bad breaks, bad tie rod ends. cv joints. bad radiators, falty sensors. etc. I get the picture in my head that each one of these parts is going to fall apart on the same day
and realy get me down. It has not happened. I even sent a letter to polaris 2 weeks ago and asked them if I on my own I should be replacing any parts on my xpedition. Polaris said no, my xpedition should hold up fine. That helped me to feel better any way. rangerchet

Old 07-11-2000, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

if the dealer is selling machines which means money for polaris,the most they will do is tell them(dealer) not to do it again..you dont bite the hand that feeds you

Old 07-11-2000, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

rangerchet what ever you do if you see any suspicious looking people outside your door that look like they are from a cult don't let them in, I am afraid we would lose you to them hehehehe...BiLL

Quick Reply: Polaris Warranty