Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DMC Alien or Yoshimura for Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMC Alien or Yoshimura for Predator?

Darryl has worked with White Bros since the beginning of the Predator Project. There Pipe makes some solid numbers and can be tuned to work in different RPM ranges. It's a good product, but the money don't hurt either.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

To me its all about the sound and power... I would not want my 66 Mustang to be quite whats the point of having a built V8 then? Whats the point of having an old car? I am not into loud but it has to make a statement that "hey i am not stock"...

SP700RACER, How do you like that 580 kit? I see the 530, 558 and 580 whats the best if you dont race just trail ride maybe hit the dunes a few times a year?

Old 03-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

There is not a best, each kit has it's own advantage and dis-advantage. There is really not much difference in any of the kits, they use Wiseco pistons, cometic gaskets. The primary difference is the bore size. The reason for different bore size is because everyone made sure when they developed there kit, that no one else could get the same piston. (contract with wiseco) I like my 580 and would not change, talk to Doug Nicholas and he loves his 558 and would not change. It's all the other work that really makes the difference, not the kit.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yes loud does make a statement
and i know the WB pipe can make power... but for your average joe lookin for bolt on power... i dont think the WB is what you want.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

SP700RACER, thanks for the input on the big bores....

Old 03-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Holy Cow! Rath is getting paid by Polaris!? When did that happen....snicker. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SP like some others on here you missed the entire point. When addressing power AND SOUND, the two pieces of equipment are the only two to reach sound meter friendly levels. As was shown to me at the Indy show, there are some other companies with other gear which should be out this year.

When someone on here is so blind to think that they are "isolated" enough from other people that the obnoxious sound levels their machine gives off, doesn't matter.....Houston, we have a problem. We are now in an era where even race tracks are sound testing. If you're not taking any of this into consideration, you are the contributing factor to ATV's obtaining a bad name. This doesn't mean you need to run and adapt a Stealth exhaust to a race machine, rather, just take into consideration the level of sound you're emitting. If you're current track isn't testing (yet), my comments were still aimed at helping people choose wisely. If they buy an overly loud silencer this year, and next year their local rules change, then they're having to buy the same piece of gear twice.

Old 03-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I completely understand what you are saying modquad, but I figure that if I can ride the quad for hours at a time, and not notice any hearing problems, why would someone else, no matter how close they are? Anyway, It's not worth fighting over because it won't solve anything anyways. I already have a pipe, and I'm not thinking of buying another to quiet it down even more. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If everyone thought the same, the world would be a very boring place.

Old 03-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

either way... my biggun isnt that much louder than the WB pipe...

Old 03-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Modquad :Right now, the Pure Polaris/WB and HPD are the two which will give you gains in flow, and keep the sound legal. With all the testing Polaris sponsored racer Daryl Rath does, why do you suppose the WB system is still being used even on his 440 dyno runs. There isn't much room for gains w/ this motor, above the stock system, but don't you think with all the dyno time Rath has invested, there's a reason for the exhaust that's on his machine. Use your brains, don't get caught up in someone's hype. I've seen some gear that would look like a work of art on the fireplace mantle.....in reality, that's all it has going for it....besides a ton of unnecessary noise.
Your post is using Rath as an example, His white Bros pipe does not meet any sound requirements. He gets paid to use it, he don't use it because of sound or power. There are pipes out there that meet sound requirements that make better power, why don't you mention them, if you even know which one's they are.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ggod grief pal, I'm talking about the Pure Polaris W/B unit. I guess I have to v e r y c l e a r l y s p e l l everything out. Like Heap stated earlier, you keep trying to steer this into a product debate, it's a sound issue sparky. Hello.......uh oh, here comes the echo back h e l l o .........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DMC Alien or Yoshimura for Predator?