Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How long does it take you to comeplete a project?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004 | 10:53 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default How long does it take you to comeplete a project?

I took my motorcycle apart in July . It still is not comeplete . I have an antique safe I want to finish restoring , a camaro I need to finish , a civil war muzzler loader to finish and an antique windmill to comeplete .

Does anyone else get the feeling if they retired now they would have to live to be 150 years old to get all their projects done ?

Rick

Old 03-01-2004 | 10:58 PM
Range Rover

yes sir ....i know how u feel. just thought about it..i need to live till im 200 to get all my projects done lol... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004 | 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

i know what you mean to rick i have a 1987 chevy k10 diesel 8.2 liter ive switched to a 350 with a 6 inch lift bigger tires i put new seats in getting the inside done over and so on and i just put a new carb and engine dress up kit on it and what ya know the engine locks up and theres no place for me to work on it so i now half to wait until the snow melts and i finish building a garage ive been working on this for about a year and a half but i dont have the time to do it

Old 03-01-2004 | 11:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Took about 2 weeks to completely assemble my bike and have it on the road. About 2 months if you include the tear down, powdercoating, and paint. MY dad's took about a month and a half for complete assembly. Both are still a work in progress

Old 03-01-2004 | 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

i dont think a project ever ends theres always somthin comin out thats give it more power or makes it look even better

Old 03-01-2004 | 11:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Aint that the truth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2004 | 12:31 AM
EAB
Pro Rider

Rick I'd like to see a picture of the windmill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] any pics?

Oh uh..projects never finished, how bout this. Shortly after my wife and I moved into this house, we got an 8X10 shed and started to paint it to match the house. Same base color and same trim color. Well my wife got bored about half way through the project and wouldnt help me anymore so I stopped also. Lets see that was about Dec of '99....

Old 03-02-2004 | 12:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have been working on my 1966 mustang for 2 years now, everything from all new body panels to engine to interior.. This winter its disc brakes and power steering and trans.. I will find something that needs to be done for next winter.. I finally got my 1972 John Deere 110 completely restored that took about 3 months... There seems to always be a project or something to fix and time is just flyin by! I wonder how many hours i spend in my garage each year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]..

Rick,
Get some photos up, Some of your projects and the shop... we all would like to have a look[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2004 | 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BT250racer
i dont think a project ever ends theres always somthin comin out thats give it more power or makes it look even better
How true is that, the bad thing is women don't understand that when your in the garage till 12am...

Old 03-02-2004 | 12:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailrider500
Originally posted by: BT250racer
How true is that, the bad thing is women don't understand that when your in the garage till 12am...
Or 6am on a few occasions[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How long does it take you to comeplete a project?