Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Chest protector Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chest protector Help

i have the alpinestars tech 8 boots white and they are vented never have aproblem with them sweating now

Old 03-03-2004, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Is that a drinking system?? Is there actually time to use that?
yes the camelbak is drinking system, it holds 72oz of water and has tube with little mouth piece so u can sap on some water while your riding, it also pockets to throw like a tow strap, keys, wallet, etc... And its small so it wont bother you at all.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
Thanks BBS I have boots, helment and goggles, pants, jersey, and gloves. I don't have handgaurds. Is that a drinking system?? Is there actually time to use that? I noticed that thor makes different protectors, some are chest protectors and some just protect you from roost. Would you still suggest the chest protector? One more thing, how do you guys keep your feet from getting extremely hot. When I wear my boots, especially in the summer, my feet just sweat like crazy. Maybe that is normal too. Thanks. Brad
Come about the 1_1/2 mark you'll be thanking GOD for that camelback [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I did GNCC's on a dirtbike a few times, and you'd pass out from dehydration without a camelback. Gncc's are not like a Mx race. There is a lot of WFO, but it is a thinking man's race, and there are plenty of instances/times where you will have to stop and examine a situation before nailing it again. These guys all really already hit the nail on the head for the must have items. All normal riding gear(obviously), and I do strongly recommend a chest protector. I have the Fox Airframe, and I really like it. And its normal for your feet to sweat. Your covered from head to toe except your neck. I'd be concerned if you WEREN'T sweating in the middle of the summer. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah I kinda figured the sweating thing. My feet just get really hot, but that is ok. Thanks for the information, I wasn't for sure what I needed, or what the experience was going to be like. Do you guys know where I can get a camelback? Is my pred ok for these harescrambles? Thanks Brad

Old 03-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

camelbak.com will show you what types are avail,
but you can get them most any were, there are
even cheaper knock off's out there, walmart carries
some of the knock off brands

Old 03-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

A chest protectotor and roost deflector are pretty much the same thing. Some go on the outside of your jersey, and others are designed to be worn under the jersey. Pretty much pick you favorite brand, color, and style. Some offer more features than others though.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys, I appriciate all of the help in getting me started. You have been very helpful. Thanks again. Brad

Old 03-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I see that Thor has 4 different kinds of protectors, quite a selection. They have force, quadrant, scattershield, and aftershock protectors. Protectors Not for sure which one I'll be buying, but the rest of my gear is thor, so I'll probably try to stay with it. Which one of the camelbacks do you guys have? I think that harescrambles are only 2 hrs, right? So do I just get the smallest one, I think it is 74oz?

Old 03-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

One more thing, if you guys don't mind. What do you suggest that I do to my Pred to prep it for the harescrambles. Is there anything special that I need? O and that brings me to another question, I have had a tether cord on my sport before, how do you put one on a pred? Thanks Brad

Old 03-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Thor Force chest protector. It is great and very comfertable. It also looks great and comes in many colors. I also like the fact that there are no little arm things to put around your arms. It doesnt matter to me because i dont ride where there can be a lot of roost thrown. I got it for Christmas. It is awesome.

Quick Reply: Chest protector Help