Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Douglas .190s or ITP T-9 Pro series?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Douglas .190s or ITP T-9 Pro series?

BBS,

Does ITP make the T-9 in the bolt pattern size for the rear of the Scramblers? I'd like the T-9, due to the clover design cut out in the wheel center. Rocky Mountain told me they didn't have the T-9 for the rear of the Scramblers.

03 Trail Blazer 400, Was Yellow, Changed To Black
04 Trail Blazer 250, Red Special Edition
03 Trail Blazer 250, Was Blue Limited Edition, Changed To The Freedom Colors
03 Trail Blazer 250, Yellow
02 Scrambler 400X 4x4, Blue
95 Explorer 400 4x4, Red
92 Trail Boss 250, Gray/Blue

Old 03-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The guy told me that the wheels that he is getting for me are the ITP T-9 Pro Series. They are only available in one size in the 4/4 bold pattern, the scrambler's stock size. SO I would assume that they are the T-9's. As far as I knew, ITP didnt make a 10" c-series that will fit the rear of the scram. But he is able to get them too!!! The only difference is that they are a 10x7 rather than a 10x8 and only available in the polished rim. I was quoted $274.60 delivered for a complete set of polished 10" C-series. So it seems to me that this guy can get just about any ITP rim.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

BBS,

Hmmmmm, I getting even more confused now, ( I get confused easy sometimes ) lol. It sounds like your getting the C Series wheels then, and not the T-9? As far as the lug nuts go, the only place I've found chrome lug nuts for the front and rear, is from Polaris, Rocky Mountain had the lug nuts for the front, but not the rear, and Polaris is very high priced on their lug nuts, they look awesome, but expensive. I ended up using the stock lug nuts on a couple of the quads, I just did like Fish Slab said and turned them around so the flat surface was against the wheel. Something else I've discovered with the chrome lug nuts from Polaris, they send threadlocker with their lug nuts, be certain and use it, abd torque the nuts tight, then check em after you've ridden awhile, I've found mine have worked loose.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

No, I am going with the T-9's. The comment about the C-series was to show that he can get rims that I didnt even think ITP made for the scram. Sorry for the confusion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2004, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

I had the T9's on my Preddy. They were fine. I had an issue with a weld that leaked in the center seam and they replaced it. I run the Douglas .190's now on the BajaX and have no complaints.

I had no reason to switch, the Douglas was just laying there at the shop, so I grabbed them and mounted my tires on them instead of waiting for ITP to ship in. They work just as well as the ITP and I have put them to the test with some pretty big landings.

I would say go for what looks the best. They are both good, but the clover looks good on a quad.

The ATV rim industry is finally waking up. Look to see some Trick looking wheels coming out in the next few years. Cascade is doing some trick cutouts on Douglas and ITP rims and OMF can take any wheel blank and cut your bolt pattern and a design. Good luck.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

needmoretoys, It looks like ITP does make the T-9 for the rear of the scrammy, but not hte Pro series ATVrider lists it on their site

Old 03-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

BBS,

Thanks for the info, now if ITP would just make the T-9 Pro Series for the Scrambler....

02 Scrambler 400X 4x4, Blue Limited Edition, Ritter Stage 1 Kit, Douglas 190 Aluminum Wheels, Kenda Klaw Tires, Front & Rear, Hot Seat Billet Gas Cap, Hot Seat Billet Oil Cap, Hot Seat Desert Grab Bar, Polaris Shock Covers, Billet Hub Covers, Oury Grips, Polaris Rock Guard, Polaris A Arm Guards, Polaris Skid Plate, Polaris Swing Arm Guard
04 Trail Blazer 250, Red Special Edition, Oury Grips, Douglas 190 Aluminum Wheels, Carlisle AT489 Tires, Front & Rear, Polaris Rock Guard
03 Trail Blazer 400, Was Yellow, Changed To Black, Polaris Rock Guard, Carlisle Badland Tires, Front & Rear, Oury Grips
03 Trail Blazer 250, Yellow, Oury Grips, Polaris Aluminum Wheels, Carlisle AT489 Tires, Front & Rear, Polaris Rock Guard, Polaris A Arm Guards, Polaris Skid Plate, Polaris Swing Arm Guard
03 Trail Blazer 250, Was Blue Limited Edition, Changed To Freedom Color Scheme, Douglas 190 Aluminum Wheels, Titan 489XT Tires, Front & Rear, Oury Grips, Polaris Rock Guard, Polaris A Arm Guards, Polaris Skid Plate, Polaris Swing Arm Guard
95 Explorer 400 4x4, Red, Oury Grips, Douglas 190 Aluminum Wheels, Dunlop KT121 Tires, Front, Dunlop KT 125M Tires, Rear, Polaris Rear Basket
92 Trail Boss 250, Gray/Blue, Oury Grips

Old 03-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

i have t-9s on the front and the old style itp alum wheels on the back. my scram came with aluminum wheels and the lug nuts fit the rear with no problem but on the fronts i guess the t-9s were a little thicker so the lugs just do thread on far enough to have one thread sticking out of the other side. i think the machines that came with the steel wheels have too short of studs to engage all the way through but that was a 97 sport that a friend of mine had maybe others are different i dunno.

steve

Old 03-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

The C series have a recessed lug hole. I don't think you can use a standard lug on them . The Douglas and the T9 and .190s have a flat surface with a machined hole. The hole is the exact size of the lug stud. You can use a flat chrome or stainless nut or do like most and just flip the lug nut and use the flat side. Some even use a flat washer just to keep the nut corners from scratching the rim as it turns. You can only see these scratches when the lug nut is off so it's personal choice there.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah one more thing BBS. If the rim you are getting is narower than stock and you are using stock sized tires they will actually end up being taller. Just a warning for your 4x4. A taller tire will just engage a hair later so it may not be a problem for you.

Quick Reply: Douglas .190s or ITP T-9 Pro series?