Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ouch....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ouch....

That guy must not know his stuff if u turn of the compressor all the air is not just going to leak out it still stays in the compressor unless you let the air out. And he should of known when you press the lever back were the nail comes out it lets the nail pass through The smarter thing was to do is just point it at him with out the lever being pressed in..I hate idiots like that they should of never made fun of accidents like that well i dont think he will ever do that again. I work at Looman Construction i know all about that shi\

Old 03-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default ouch....

Glad you can still ride Hozed.

That happened to me one time. I was putting up plywood on the ceiling in my uncles garage, I was holding one end and nailing it. I was hanging off the scaffolding all twisted around trying to do it, the nail went through the plywood, 2x4 nailing strip, and about an inch came though it, into my hand. Being all twisted the way I was, and it being a ceiling, my only option was to lift my hand up off the nail, I had to yank it pretty hard.

Not alot of fun.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ouch....

That sucks man,,,

Glad you can still ride.

TrailRider

Old 03-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default ouch....

Hey Hozed...they probably charged your employer's Worker's Comp Insurance for a special surgery kit! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

A fishing buddy of mine came to my house once and pounded on my door. I answered and he wanted to know if I remembered the "fishing line trick" that enables a person to pull an embedded hook out. He had been at one of our local lakes fishing and stuck a big ol' Largemouth Bass (5-6 pound slob) and caught it on a Crank Bait. The fish shook when he lipped it and it drove the huge treble hook down to the bone in his thumb WHILE IT STAYED ON AND SHOOK AND SHOOK!! It finally got off the hook. It was almost an hour before he got to my house and he was really feeling the pain by then. It wouldn't have been so bad had he done the trick right away but MAN! I could tell he was hurting! I said I would rather take him to the hospital so off we went.

Like you Hozed, we're sitting in a room in emergency and he's on a gurney, the doctor asks the nurse for the "tool kit" and we're expecting some fancy box with sterile, precision instruments and in she comes with a dirty frikken' Craftsman tool box with a nasty ol' hammer, pliers, a hack saw...all the crap you put in an old toolbox! I just started crowing! A couple of injections later he was feeling no pain and the Doc let US pull it out. We had everyone in the ER rolling! It was fun!

Old 03-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ouch....

Sorry to hear it Hozed, too bad it keeps you from riding in the great weather. Well heal up soon, and get back to riding!! Brad

Old 03-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ouch....

its not half as bad as it sounds... i thought it was quite funny actually.
i was going to go riding yesterday after i got out of the hospital butas the novicane wore off it started to ache... so i just changed my oil.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default ouch....

Now that you've been nailed, sounds like you need to go out and get hammered. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default ouch....

Originally posted by: MikeCer
At least you weren’t this guy

Click
What an idiot......

Old 03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default ouch....

Sometimes you can do more damage to yourself by pulling it out , in certain cases they willcut the head of the nail off & pull it through not out. Pulling it backwards (out) can buger a clean hole up. FYI

gonna change my screenname to Doc..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ouch....

ya i know what your sayin... the nail has glue on it.. and i asked them if there were just gonna cut it off... and they said it would be fine... and i was like...WHAT ABOUT THE GLUE!!!! i didnt want that junk in my finger...
and knowing that they were just going to yank it out pissed me off... so i gently took it out myself....