Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stuck riding the honda...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2000, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Scrambler's in the shop with a scuffed piston... I have the Wiseco in the truck waiting for the mechanic at the dealer to pull the head and cylinder off to be bored... Then the cylinder and head goes to RCR to be ported and have the head re-worked...
Untill I get everything back I have to ride the "brick" ( red honda )...
I miss my fun ride... but I guess that it's better than walking...

Old 07-11-2000, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

CaptNemo,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope the suffering is over soon.

Greg

Old 07-12-2000, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

What I don't get is that if a honda rider says one thing about polaris not being very good, they freak out. But some polaris riders say crap about honda ATV's all the time like it's no big deal. I don't get why everyone has to bash other brands all of the time. I couldn't care less about what other people ride, because I ride to have fun.

Old 07-12-2000, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Boo hoo. I wiped many a tear from my eye. That was touching! Hold me!

Who cares! It's not like they came out and said:
"" HONDA SUCKS!! ""
Chill out. Thats just that mans opinion. He likes the Polaris ride better, and thats his preference. Who cares what other people say. Were all here for fun. Like him saying that just made your bike junk!!! Come on!
We get mad when people come to our forum (POLARIS FORUM) and say, "polaris is junk, my honda manual tranny 2x4 will beat any auto polaris 4x4!"

Old 07-13-2000, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

don't you know it's against the rules of this fourm to state your opionon?!?!? No matter how right you are, someone will always say your wrong.

Old 07-13-2000, 10:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

YES!!! you "MUST PRAY"!!!! EVERYDAY!!!! that your polaris won't break down like all of the one's my friend's up here in northern mi. own!!! they are always breaking something on them doggone thing's, and also be thankful that you had a "HONDA" to back you up!!!

Old 07-13-2000, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hondas may not be the best in the mud but they have the best and longest running engines.
The new hondamatic that the Rubicon has is the best auto tranny....Polaris will never make something that good.

Old 07-13-2000, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Badd so everyone single of of your friends Polaris break down all the time and you have a bullet proof Honda why don't they switch brands? My god don't they see your Honda always running? or are they just stupid like the rest of us?

Old 07-13-2000, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

We have 3 "P's", thats what the Polaris riders are called in our club. There is a SP500, Sp335, & Trailboss(?), they have about 1500 miles on them & no manufactuerer problems. The owner has had a few problems but those were casued by hitting a stump.

The point I am making is Polaris has improved there quality & every manufacturer produces a lemon every now & then.

Will I trade in my Honda for a Polaris, NO. However, Honda doesn't make snowmobiles, so I might just purchase a Polaris sled in the future!

Nemo, look at it this way, at least you have a back up quad to ride, many riders only have one.

Old 07-13-2000, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

curious, what happened on the 00 scrambler? I know that older polaris had premature problems with the piston and eventually end up with a wiesco. I mean premature even for a 2 stroke. But I've been told also that 95 and up are not as prone to that. I might want to trade my Warrior for a 4x4 something so I'm just wondering.

Quick Reply: Stuck riding the honda...