Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 EFI FOULS PLUGS WHEN COLD "HELP"

I think its going to be the spark cold.

Old 03-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Range Rover

I can't really say why its fouling the plugs. I picked mine up last week, put 27 miles on it in 2.3 hours and haven't had a lick of trouble from it, yet (fingers crossed). Good luck though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I would doubt its the coil, something ( sensor) is telling the injectors to be open longer than it should be, in the feedback loop Im not familiar enough with the polaris system, but its got to be similar to cars. Maybe the eprom needs to be reflashed, maybe theres an update. Your answer is gotta come from the dealer. Maybe they could let you have another one, for a day or two...and see how that goes. At least it would eliminate the argument that youre the cause of the problem..
I agree, It could be the coolant sensor.

Old 03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

A coil is highly unlikely, but if you don't have a strong spark, you don't burn the gas well that is being injected. And if the gas is not being completley burnt, it is possible to foul the plug. At that point you would think the o2 would catch that rich condition and work to lean it out... and possible throw out an error code.

Old 03-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Tell your dealer to make sure he lets his car warm up throroughly before driving it anywhere. Especially so if it is a throttle body injected vehicle. The purpose of the injection is to eliminate the jetting issues caused by temperature and altitude changes. I have yet to jump in my wife's car and have it foul plugs because I am not warming it up properly. Simply does not happen.

It sounds to me like his mechanics are not up to par on the new machine and you are paying the price for it.

If it were me, I'd ask to be involved on the tech support call he makes to the factory. If not, get your area Polaris rep involved. Otherwise, you have a Non-fully functional boat anchor sitting in your garage. If they want to sell a $7000 machine, they better be able to make it run like it is throttle body injected.

Good Luck.

Old 03-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

first of all you need a new dealer
secnd of all this quad doesn't have a O2 sensor
third of all the TPS needs to be adjusted so it lines up with the computer's map. Did your dealer do this? maybe its the cause of your problem

Old 03-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Need to perform TPS learn procedure..

Sounds very much like the TPS is not set correctly. This being and alpha-n system, it is critical that the TPS/Airflow is learned into the ECU. If this is wrong, you will run either rich or lean during idle (not as critical off of idle). By the dealer telling you to "let it warm up" it is making the condition worse, since an incorrectly learned TPS has the largest fueling error at idle.

Tell him to pull out the Polaris "Digital Wrench" PC tool. In it is the procedure to correcly learn the TPS under special test. He should have gotten this tool from Polaris when he got his first 700 EFI.

I will let you know it is highly unlikely it is you temperature sensor.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sneeker
who is your selling/servicing dealer ??

Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

leaders marine in kalamazoo mi.

Old 03-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Did you get the dealer to fix it? What was the problem?

Quick Reply: 700 EFI FOULS PLUGS WHEN COLD "HELP"