Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ritter trailport..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ritter trailport..

hi guys,im going to order a trailported cylinder from rick this week.ive never torn apart a engine before and was wondering if switching the cylinders is a job i could do myself?should i get the girdle kit also?i noticed the 38mm carb rick sells uses the choke i already have,what about the 39pwk carb from hpd,is it any better and does it use the origanl choke also?one more thing,the oil injection elimimator is pretty much a must right?thanks

Old 03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

It's not hard to do, you may want to call him before you take it apart....I have been waiting almost 2 weeks now, all he has to do is box it up and send it....He says he is real busy. You may want to wait a little while.

Old 03-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

im going to have him send me a cylinder he already has done up,then send him mine when i get it together..

Old 03-14-2004, 07:56 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I told him to send me one he has on the self. I was going to do what you did but i'm not going to pay a core charge. The way he talked he was going to send everything out as soon as he got mine....still waiting. I talk to him yesterday and he said all he has to do is box it up and send it. I need to get it back together before next weekend....so I can break the new piston in, before we ride sunday. I'm not saying anything bad about him, I just wish he would have told me it would take this long. Good luck...

Old 03-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Raj ,

I am with you 100%. All I have to do is finish hohn (10 - 15 minutes) the cylinder you are getting, run it through the parts cleaner , read through you note you sent carefully , box your parts and print a label . This whole proccess will take me about an hour total .

You must be wondering why this one hour job is taking me about 3 days to comeplete . I personally pack all engine/service packages myself . The reason is I do not want (can't stand) the embarrassment of sending a package to someone and overlooking a jet , a gasket , or anything else that is expected to be in a package .

I work a 60 plus hour week and will work Sundays in order to get things done as timely as I can . Please don't think your parts are not in because I am not on the job .

We keep core cylinders and heads done in order to speed things through the shop the quickest I can , this allows me to have things done ahead of time and allows owners to keep their quads in one piece until I get the modified parts delivered . I know folks hate to have a machine in pieces waiting on parts from states away , at least if you are waiting on one of my cores you can still ride --- this takes a little pressure off of me .

Tommorrow (Monday) I will get your package out the door and headed your way , you are in Ohio , expect it Wednesday . I will also be on the phone with you discussing details sometime tomorrow .

Thank you for your patience ,

Rick Ritter