Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RcR Pipe Kit !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2000, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick question Pipe Owners!

I recently purchased a Pipe for my 400 SPORT and I am wondering what main jet and air screw setting you used I myself am at 260 (230 was stock)with about 2 turns out on the air screw, its not dead on but fairly close to being dead on. What do you use?

Also I have the Delta V-Force2 valve and reeds, Did you use High tension or low tension settings?
I used High tension, but feel like maybe i should use LOW tension. Any Opinions on this?

Old 07-17-2000, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

What pipe did you install?

Old 07-17-2000, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer

I have been waiting for an opportunity to make this post and this thread seems like as good a place as any. Those of us who use this forum are for the most part very involved in the ATV industry. Over the years there have been very few aftermarket suppliers for Polaris ATV's. HPD, AAEN, RCR, and somewhat recently HotSeat have been the only suppliers I am aware of. Now that there are so many Polaris owners all kinds of people are entering the ring: FMF, FTR, DynoPort, and P.S.I. to name a few. I am not saying not to support these new suppliers because the more of them there are the more choices we have but I do believe that there should be some loyalty to the suppliers that offered products when it wasn't Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  or even highly profitable because all of the "sport" riders were on Yamahas or Hondas.

RCR has always stood behind there product and Rick continues to add to his product line. He doesn't offer the nice catalogs that HPD and HotSeat have but when is the last time you saw any of the other aftermarket suppliers respond to posts in this forum? I will tell you that I prefer to buy a product from someone who stands behind their product and offers excellent customer service. Being that we are almost all Polaris owners in the Polaris forum we should be very sensitive to good customer service. The majority of us have lousy dealers and until recently,even poorer service from Polaris itself. Rick has on more than one occasion in this forum offered to take back products customers were not happy with and would replace them or credit them, no b.s. restock charge either. He will answer any question you might have if you call him and will even suggest against purchasing one of his products if he doesn't think it will work for your application.

RCR offers a product that does what it says it does. His pipes work in safe and usable rpm range. Are they the best looking? No. Do they do what he says they do? Yes. The FMF pipe looks great but works miserably. Can the FMF user see the poor weld on your pipe when you blow buy him? No! If you opt for the full race package at HotSeat and then come to find out that their advertised 65 to 70 HP is a lie do you think they will refund your money? Good Luck.

I'll stick with RCR because he has supported us and continues to offer in my opinion the best customer service in the business and an excellent product. I have purchased from HPD, HotSeat, and AAEN. I have not had any bad service but I have received parts that did not live up to the billing. The steering post bearing from HPD did not fit and I had to drill out the holes. The Stage One clutch kit from AAEN stunk. His roller clutch kit is excellent and by the way he wouldn't take back the Stage 1 clutch kit or even offer a discount on the roller even though he recommended it in the first place.

Until one of us hits the lottery or the magazines test the pipes against one another it is "buyer beware" for all of us. I'll be sticking with RCR.

Old 07-17-2000, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

DG ATV XTREME with type II oval silencer, K&N air filter, Delta V-Force II reed valve. Also have a wiseco prolite and hpd aggressive clutch kit ready to install once i get the jetting right.

Old 07-17-2000, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Wolp,
Very well said.
There is something to be said for customer service. With Rick you get that.

Old 07-17-2000, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

AMEN!!

Old 07-17-2000, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with Wolp as well. I have talked to Rick many times on the phone. He could answer every question I had and was always eager to help me out. He was even too busy to guy out and buy ATV Sport Magazine when it had a write up on his product, so I mailed him my copy when I was done with it. He is a great guy. His product did everything he said it would. I just couldn't get everything to fit like I thought it should. No matter what I did to the silencer where it meets the pipe, it would not get very snug. I do, however, like his air-box mod, it is still on my bike. I have also heard that he fixed the " bend the shifter linkage to get it around my pipe" procedure. That was a nightmare. I also think Rick should re-think his primary spring beliefs. There is quite a difference between his clutch spring and an HPD clutch kit, although he told me there wasn't.
All in all, I feel HPD has a product that is a notch above all others.

Old 07-18-2000, 01:57 AM
Range Rover

I must admit when I frist started working on my 99 sport I was going to go with rcr until I called him , he has very short on the phone and wasnt willing to spend the time to answer all my questions. so this turned me off in a big way,but hell we all have bad days.but still I called both Aaen and HPD,Olav Aaen spent over 45 min's with me on the phone and Darrell Olson of HPD spent over a hour on the phone.
after thinking about each of there "go fast theory's" I agreed with HPD the most so $1400.00
later my sport has the full HPD treatment.and it hauls bootie...love it. I have now had a chance to ride a RCR kitted sport 400 and it ran well,I feel Ritters rev pipe is close to HPD trail pipe But my HPD aggresive clutch kit was WAY better then the RCR primary spring kit at the time all I had was the HPD pipe,clutch,muffler,and a uni filter and on the glamis comp hill I has pulling the RCR 400 every time but only by maybe 3 quad lenths, I tip the scale at 240 the other rider maybe 170.So for me it all worked out fine,I now have a better opinion of Ritter because I have now seen he is very helpful to every one on these fourms,and have since call him on other subjects and he was VERY helpful I have also seen his porting and machining work and its tops so maybe on my 2000 scrambler 2x4 Ill have RCR do the eng. work,Ill still go with HPD pipe & clutching because they worked great for me.but who knows
CHECK OUT MY HIGH PERFORMANCE POLARIS PAGE
SEND IN YOUR PICS AND SPECS
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/RightWay/hiperfpolaris

99 sport 400
hpd pipe
hpd muffler
hpd porting
hpd billet head
hpd girdle kit
39mm kehin pwk carb
renthal cr low bend bars
wiseco piston
hpd aggresive clutch kit
v-force reeds
k&n filter

2000 scrambler 400 2x4
prm alum. a-arm gaurds
renthal cr low bend bars
dg alum. bumper
k&n filter

Old 07-18-2000, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Well i have been talking with rick and i am going to go with his products. I like the way he has handled this topic, i belive he has earned my business. In my opinion this does make his products more appealing to me. THANKS RICK and RcR for the info and the help in this subject.

Old 07-18-2000, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

You sure did a 180, first you bash RcR like there's no tomorrow, now, your giving him all your business. Make up your mind. You will be very happy with your new mods, I'm sure. Anyone want to buy my RcR mods?

Quick Reply: RcR Pipe Kit !!!!!!!!!